Track Day Alternative Ideas

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby clear99 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:50 pm

I am keen to learn alternatives for track days...Not interested in "quick" road driving, meeting up for advanced meeting drives sadly doesn't interest me...Track days is full of idiots often with a point to prove...

I am looking for track driving which is a level above "quick" road driving but not in the same basket as track day drivers...I have an MSA speed licence too.

Any ideas?
Last edited by clear99 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clear99

Postby Advanced Driving » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:56 pm

If you have an MSA licence you can do testing days - for people who only have a comp licence, so you avoid the track day heros, and mix with those who are much more into their driving at comp level - most of which will be far far quicker than your regular road driving enthusiasts and track day goers...

Also fellow competitors tend to have a better appreciation for other track users...No all track day drivers are bad - some are very good, but you can get slightly over excited drivers :-)
Advanced Driving

Postby clear99 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:58 pm

Testing days are an option I guess - I have a speed licence and do hillclimbs so have not done a huge amount on race circuits..
clear99

Postby Advanced Driving » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:04 pm

IAM do track days too - still track days, but (hopefully) with a slightly more responsible bunch..
Advanced Driving

Postby Horse » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:32 pm

Get a bunch of people togrther and do a skid pan session (none of this new fangled cradle car, instead good old fashioned oily tarmac), and include against the clock challenges - speed and accuracy.
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby jont » Sat Oct 17, 2015 8:16 am

Or even get a bunch of people together and hire a circuit for the day. Somewhere small like Llandow (S. wales) or Blyton Park (Lincs) aren't prohibitively expensive if you get a group of a dozen or so people midweek.

TDOs vary significantly - some are better at enforcing driving standards than others. Or maybe you need some tuition and it's not others that are the problem, it's that you're acting as a mobile chicane :twisted:
jont

Return to General Car Chat Forum