We Buy Any Car Review

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby clear99 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:57 am

Hello

Can anyone comment on whether or not we buy any car are good? I'm looking at changing my car soon, and have used their online system, and price seems fair. Really don't want the hassle of selling privately although I suspect I would get a lot more if I did..

Thank you
clear99

Postby Happy Hopper » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:59 am

They are quick and easy but be prepared to sell your car for around 75% of what you would have got if sold privately.

Just another way to milk the unsuspecting consumer in my opinion....
Happy Hopper

Postby clear99 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:01 pm

Happy Hopper wrote:They are quick and easy but be prepared to sell your car for around 75% of what you would have got if sold privately.

Just another way to milk the unsuspecting consumer in my opinion....

hummmm, thats around £2,000 then I could be losing out to...(car is worth around £8,000) having looked on auto trader..
clear99

Postby hir » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:34 pm

clear99 wrote:Hello

Can anyone comment on whether or not we buy any car are good? I'm looking at changing my car soon, and have used their online system, and price seems fair. Really don't want the hassle of selling privately although I suspect I would get a lot more if I did..

Thank you

Give it two weeks and they may come back to you with something along the lines of... "demand for your car has increased since we first quoted and we are therefore able to offer you an increased price".

The actual price will be determined by the inspection team that you then have to book the car in with.
hir

Postby clear99 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:21 pm

I have heard they try and bash you down more on price. Are they really bad that this or is it just when there is an obvious issue like a dent or damage? What about usual wear and tear?
clear99

Postby TR4ffic » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:18 pm

I've used them recently but won't again...

They knock money off for every, and I mean every, minor scratch and stone chip. Basically, the price they offer online is if it's in showroom condition ...and I bet if you wheeled a new car straight out of a dealer's showroom into We Buy Any Car next door they'll still manage to knock some money off...

They charge you a fee for their admin and they'll pay via a BACS transfer in about 5 working days - if you want the money straight away, they'll charge you for that as well.

If it hadn't suited me at the time I would have walked (or rather driven) away...
Riveting – The most fascinating job you could ever have..!

Nick
IAM Member since 1985
TR4ffic

Postby Happy Hopper » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:28 pm

They are just targeting the average Jo who probably doesn't know too much about car prices. It's a total joke yet the masses still use them. Fair play to them - they are capitalising on a part of human nature, risk adverse and lazy!
Happy Hopper

Postby paul adams » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:05 pm

We buy any car make their money by buying cars below auction price, so even if they cant sell them on, they can flog them at auction and still make money.

I agree with comment above - poor old Jo public being fleeced
paul adams

Postby EdgarF » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:48 pm

I had a similar experience to Tr4ffic.

The online price that they quoted for my old car looked good, but it was for a vehicle in pristine showroom condition. I booked an appointment to sell the vehicle to them.

When I turned up at the appointment the guy looked at every panel and inside the car and noted every minor bump and scratch. Yes there were bumps and scratches, but the car was over 5 years old and it was, in my opinion, reasonable wear and tear - no accident damage whatsoever. He then deducted the cost of righting the minor bumps/scratches, etc (basically respraying all the affected panels) and gave me a new offer, well below the original price. (Apparently their valuation system bills you for rectifying the damage at the full commercial rates, rather than at the trade rates that a business like theirs would obtain.) I did not accept his offer. He then 'upped' the offer, but not by enough.

I took my car to the local VW dealer and the sales lady there offered me more than We Buy Any Car for my old car, in P/X for an already heavily discounted new Golf that I was buying from them.

Have just sold my daughter's car for her and did not even consider going to We Buy Any Car.
EdgarF

Return to General Car Chat Forum