Please test my Android app

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby ChmieluMoto » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:54 pm

Hi!

My friend and I created an Android application, which we would like to promote and test. It is 100% free, and has absolutely no ads. It doesn't generate profit so please don't consider this post as a commercial spam ad :) We just think that our app can be very useful and want to share.

The app is about monitoring driving cost in real-time. During the first launch you need to create car profile:
- fuel type
- average fuel consumption (during the ride it is used to calculate temporary consumption which depends on speed)
- expoitation costs

If you are connected to web then the app will automatically download fuel price for your country, of course you can enter the prices yourself.

After such configuration you are ready to go, just turn on GPS and press START. The app i capable of working in the background, so if you fear the screen will drain your battery, you can switch it off.
More info about the app on GooglePlay and app's "help" screen.

Feel free to comment and give feedback either here or via e-mail: pricedrivepromo@gmail.com

link to Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... pricedrive
ChmieluMoto

Postby Horse » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Could you tell us what information (contacts etc) the app takes from the phone and how you will use it?
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby Pyrolol » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:34 pm

Horse wrote:Could you tell us what information (contacts etc) the app takes from the phone and how you will use it?

There's a permissions link at the bottom of the page.

It isn't helpful of course, but such things never are. The range here looked reasonable to me, but they're so coarse grained that what's actually going on could be almost anything.
Pyrolol

Postby Horse » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:31 pm

Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Return to General Car Chat Forum