BloodhoundSSC

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby jwatkins » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:30 pm

Not an advanced driving matter, but I suspect it will be of interest to some people here.

I've been following the Bloodhound project almost since the beginning, but updates seem to be difficult to find on their website recently. I thought the team were planning low speed tests at Newquay this month, but I can't see any details of this. Also, Richard Noble's "regular updates" haven't been added to since December last year! I hope this isn't a sign that the project's in trouble.

Does anyone know more about what's going on?
jwatkins

Postby Angus » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:33 pm

Martin will be along shortly......

Alternatively, look on Facebook. They put updates on every few days
Angus

Postby Advanced Driving » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:08 pm

I am following this amazing project on Facebook - and so very much look forward to an update on here for those who otherwise are not following.

Out of interest you can follow them on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BLOODHOUNDSSC/
Advanced Driving

Postby martine » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:40 pm

Hi Guys,

As Angus predicted, here I am! Reason is I'm a Bloodhound Ambassador so about as involved as you can get without being paid!

Bloodhound is a truly amazing project for all sorts of reasons and having been actively involved since 2010 I've seen it go through some ups and downs to say the least. I guess it's inevitable with a project like this.

Yes it was meant to be doing low-speed trials at Newquay this month...but that is now delayed until 'Spring next year' is the official line (between you and me they are yet aiming at Easter). The latest delay is caused by the rocket and supporting equipment (Jag V8, gearbox and high-pressure pump) needing more testing after serious bearing failure in the pump earlier this year and lack of money!

The 'World Media Launch' in Canary wharf last month was a great success and generated yet more public interest and great media coverage (BBC Breakfast live, Sky News live, hundreds of national and international newspapers and websites). They are hopeful some major new sponsors will be along soon as well...at last count there are negotiations on-going with some 24 companies but these things take an age to come to fruition.

Despite the car looking good there is still a lot of work to do...as well as the rocket testing, there are full systems testing, rear wheel fairings (crucial), airbrake doors, hundreds of sensors (literally) and load of cameras to install and test etc.

Watch this space and if you're not a Bloodhound 1K supporter club member - why not!
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby jwatkins » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:29 am

Thanks for your responses. It's good to know that the project is still proceeding.

I think it's a shame that Richard Noble is no longer updating his diary. As someone who works in media and marketing, I can honestly say it would be better for them to remove his section from the website. Having something out of date create the very wrong impression that the project has stalled!

I look forward to seeing the initial runs next year...
jwatkins

Postby martine » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:12 pm

jwatkins wrote:Thanks for your responses. It's good to know that the project is still proceeding.

I think it's a shame that Richard Noble is no longer updating his diary. As someone who works in media and marketing, I can honestly say it would be better for them to remove his section from the website. Having something out of date create the very wrong impression that the project has stalled!

I look forward to seeing the initial runs next year...

Yes I kind of agree but Andy Green is still updating his diary entries.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Happy Hopper » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:23 pm

I've just seen a load of info about this on Facebook yesterday - lets hope it gets moving soon !!
Happy Hopper

Return to General Car Chat Forum