Kamikaze toddler

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby BigJim » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:48 pm

Here's one that happened to me today whilst I was driving through a housing estate in southampton.

Driving along, and I notice a child of about 3 standing by the edge of the pavement, no parents or any adult in sight. Im keeping my eye on him as i pass, speed right down.. slightly towards the middle of road etc etc...

AND THEN........ He suddenly take 2 big strides into the road in front of me, without even looking up from the floor.. at this point theres about 10 feet between me and him and I have to do a bit of sharp steering to avoid him...lucky nothing was coming the other way. I swear my heart skipped a beat at that moment!

He then proceeded to stand in the road in front of the car behind me, which eventually just steered round him.

Extra driver training does have some benefits!! :?
BigJim

Postby James » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:16 pm

Wasnt the Flowers Estate by any chance was it?
James

Postby BigJim » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:44 pm

James wrote:Wasnt the Flowers Estate by any chance was it?

The very same!! I was cutting through there to avoid roadworks. Daisy Road to be exact, on an uphill slope.
BigJim

Postby Nigel » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:32 pm

The amount of childless couples out there who would love to have kids...then you read something like this, some people don't deserve the "gift" of children.

But rest assured if you'd have hit him, they'd have been screaming about motorists....then claiming all the compensation they could !
Nigel

Postby James » Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:42 pm

I was going to say than, you could have done everyone a favour and neither steered nor braked.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Obviously I didn't mean that - tongue in cheek. But I know that estate well.
James

Return to General Car Chat Forum