Hello

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby AdamW » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:47 pm

Just a quick hello from me a newbie.

I am just tarting to take an interest in advanced driving and have been lead to your site by some at parkers.co.uk.

I have just purchsed Roadcraft and the IAM book for me to read with the intention of joining my local IAM group (Hull area) once I have had time to digest the information from the books. I'd like to continue after the IAM onto RoSPA but they don't seem to have a group in my area.

Anyway hello to you all and I am sure I'll get to know you all soon.

Thanks for reading.

:D
AdamW

Postby Rick » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:35 pm

Welcome, i am from the south bank of the Humber but work from Hessle. As you say there is no RoSPA around us. I went straight for HPC as i have a background involving Roadcraft in my work. After you have done you IAM you may want to give that a go. http://www.hpc.org.uk/
Rick

Postby MikeG » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:13 pm

Hi Adam,

If you are interested in doing IAM contact the local group (Hull & East Riding Group) as they will organise everything for you, rather than buy a Skill For Life Package as this is done through headoffice (a more roundabout way). Pity you bought PYADT as this is included in the welcome pack as is a Highway Code. If you need anymore info just ask. I am a member of the Hull group so may see you there.

Best regards,
mike
MikeG

Postby AdamW » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:37 am

Hello again,

Small world it seems.

Rick - I too work in Hessle on the Priory Tec Park.

Mike - Thanks for the advice about the books, I also bought a Highway Code. I am coming to the next meet for the Hull group.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks for the welcome.

:D
AdamW

Postby Rick » Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:49 pm

Adam, i work at Fire service HQ in the driver training section. Hope you enjoy your IAM 8)
Rick

Return to General Car Chat Forum