Most Expensive Driving Lesson Ever ?

For discussion of topics relating to the Driving Standards Agency Learner Test (DSA L Test) and contribution by ADI's (Approved Driving Instructors)

Postby John Boy » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:33 pm

Just found out that a PDI working for a local driving school franchise has been charging £35 for an hour and even failed to manage an hour with NO tuition and the pupil still paid him week after week. Comments please.
John Boy

Postby ScoobyChris » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:42 pm

At the end of the day it's down to market forces. If people are happy to pay what he charges then he's going to stay in business and make a clean fortune at the same time. What car does he instruct in?

Chris
ScoobyChris

Postby daz6215 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:50 pm

well if the pupil is daft enough to pay lol!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uVvcD4Czx4Y
daz6215

Postby vonhosen » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:06 pm

John Boy wrote:Just found out that a PDI working for a local driving school franchise has been charging £35 for an hour and even failed to manage an hour with NO tuition and the pupil still paid him week after week. Comments please.

I don't think that's all that much for one to one.
Of course whether it represents good value will be dependant on the quality of the product.
Any views expressed are mine & mine alone.
I do not represent my employer or these forums.
vonhosen

Postby TripleS » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:17 pm

vonhosen wrote:
John Boy wrote:Just found out that a PDI working for a local driving school franchise has been charging £35 for an hour and even failed to manage an hour with NO tuition and the pupil still paid him week after week. Comments please.

I don't think that's all that much for one to one.
Of course whether it represents good value will be dependant on the quality of the product.

True.

Perhaps you could quote me for a day of your expert guidance while I'm still in one piece. :lol:

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby fungus » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:03 pm

It's very competitive in this area. Most charge around £20 per hour, and you'd be lucky to get more than £22-£23 per hour. There's one ADI charging £15 per hour.

Nigel ADI
IAM trainee observer
fungus

Postby TripleS » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:30 pm

fungus wrote:It's very competitive in this area. Most charge around £20 per hour, and you'd be lucky to get more than £22-£23 per hour. There's one ADI charging £15 per hour.

Nigel ADI
IAM trainee observer

It was 16s 6d in my day (which hasn't ended yet!) - but that was a while ago. :lol:

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby jont » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:56 pm

TripleS wrote:
fungus wrote:It's very competitive in this area. Most charge around £20 per hour, and you'd be lucky to get more than £22-£23 per hour. There's one ADI charging £15 per hour.

Nigel ADI
IAM trainee observer

It was 16s 6d in my day (which hasn't ended yet!) - but that was a while ago. :lol:

Did that include the man with the red flag, or was that extra? :twisted:
jont

Postby TripleS » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:47 pm

jont wrote:
TripleS wrote:

Nigel ADI
IAM trainee observer

Did that include the man with the red flag, or was that extra? :twisted:

I declined to pay for that bit.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Return to Learner Driver Forum