DVLA Error On Provisional License ??

For discussion of topics relating to the Driving Standards Agency Learner Test (DSA L Test) and contribution by ADI's (Approved Driving Instructors)

Postby musicmad » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:09 pm

Hi

I recently applied to DVLA for a provisional driving license I received the license and all is fine except one section in the paper counterpart document which I believe to be an error, could someone please confirm this correct?

All information on the Provisional license card is correct but with regard to the paper counterpart this has been left completely blank. However DVLA confirm in their booklet that came with the license (Booklet INS57-P) that the paper counterpart will show the vehicles you are entitled to drive as a learner, it also confirms with an image to indicate where exactly on the counterpart document this is meant to be.

Basically I just need to know that if I approach a driving school to pass my test and have this error on the paper counterpart, apart from all else being completely correct, will they accept it, or would I have to return everything back to DVLA and tell them that they’ve made a mistake ?
Last edited by musicmad on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
musicmad

Postby daz6215 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:14 pm

Ring them up, sounds like you'll need to change it to me.
daz6215

Postby Porker » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:10 pm

Definitely contact them to check this. They could argue that if you have no vehicle groups shown then you have no entitlement to drive anything - which would mean that you could be deemed to be driving unlicensed.

P.
Porker

Postby musicmad » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:28 pm

Ok! just a reminder for any other learners who are applying for their provisional license and may also encounter this to be an error, don't worry, all is fine I've been informed..

1: On a provisional licence the photo card is green and has the provisional entitlements on it.

2: When you are issued a full licence the photo card becomes pink and the L plate symbol vanishes.

3: On a full licence the provisional entitlements are shown on the paper counterpart.
musicmad

Return to Learner Driver Forum