Increase in the age for learning to drive

For discussion of topics relating to the Driving Standards Agency Learner Test (DSA L Test) and contribution by ADI's (Approved Driving Instructors)

Postby TripleS » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:32 pm

fungus wrote:Triples wrote,

Very good, but is it too much to hope that by the time we reach that point the Education Department will first have managed to ensure that the pupils/students have reasonable ability in reading, writing and mathematics?

Best wishes all,
Dave.

That's a good point. My wife has a part time job in a local fish & chip shop. One day last week she came home, not in total disbelief, but one of the seventeen year olds was giving change of a twenty pound note. The bill came to fourteen pounds thirty pence. The girl was giving the customer fourteen pounds thirty pence change, not five pounds seventy pence. Worrying eh!

Nigel ADI
IAM observer

Indeed, that is but one example, but it all adds to the difficulties for employers, as if they need that.

You only have to read some of these forums to see how bad the situation is; and I'm not attacking the contributors here and on PH etc. They have been let down by the education system, despite all the resources (i.e. our taxes) poured into it, and that's what annoys me.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Previous

Return to Learner Driver Forum