Muslim Driving School

For discussion of topics relating to the Driving Standards Agency Learner Test (DSA L Test) and contribution by ADI's (Approved Driving Instructors)

Postby x-Sonia-x » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:30 am

crr003 wrote:
x-Sonia-x wrote:What car has he got?????....I want one 8)

My Audi A6 did that.

My sister in law has an Audi...not sure what model though :oops: ...will have to find out if hers does it :wink:
Never climb a fence...much easier to sit on it!!
x-Sonia-x

Postby ExadiNigel » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:19 am

Most of the VW group cars will have the auto dipping as an optional extra and, I believe, on cars where it wasn't specified, it is an easy retro-fit.

As far as examiners go, I see no reason why any should object if a candidate adjusts his mirrors - the mirrors are there to be used (but not over-used!). If the mirrors were not electric, whether teh examiner would move it for the candidate would depend a lot on the examiner, though I doubt many candidates would have the confidence to ask!

Nigel
Ex - ADI & Fleet Trainer, RoADAR Diploma, National Standards Cycling Instructor, ex- Registered Assessor for BTEC in Driving Science, ex-Member RoADAR & IAM, Plymouth, ex - SAFED registered trainer
ExadiNigel

Postby x-Sonia-x » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:50 pm

adiNigel wrote:If the mirrors were not electric, whether teh examiner would move it for the candidate would depend a lot on the examiner, though I doubt many candidates would have the confidence to ask!

Having had the pleasure of sitting next to 10 DSA examiners :oops: :oops: ..I think you are right. Would I of asked any of them to do this for me...nope...only because I was preoccupied with the test situation!! I think it would take alot of guts to ask...out of my 10 experiences I probably had 2-3 that didnt want to converse at all, I think it would of been hard to ask them, actually I doubt I could of asked any of them if I was honest :oops:
Never climb a fence...much easier to sit on it!!
x-Sonia-x

Postby waremark » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:05 am

brianhaddon wrote:
fungus wrote:Some of the examiners I have encountered in the past would say that you should have the mirrors adjusted before you start and not need to adjust them further.

My son's car adjusts the nearside mirror for you when you select reverse. I wonder how that would go down with them.
Regards
Brian Haddon

That comes as a feature on many cars with memory electric seats. I love it. I cannot see it being banned by the DSA.
waremark

Postby brianhaddon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:43 am

x-Sonia-x wrote:
brianhaddon wrote:
fungus wrote:Some of the examiners I have encountered in the past would say that you should have the mirrors adjusted before you start and not need to adjust them further.

My son's car adjusts the nearside mirror for you when you select reverse. I wonder how that would go down with them.
Regards
Brian Haddon

What car has he got?????....I want one 8)

He's got a VW Eos

Regards
Brian Haddon
brianhaddon

Previous

Return to Learner Driver Forum