SMTM

For discussion of topics relating to the Driving Standards Agency Learner Test (DSA L Test) and contribution by ADI's (Approved Driving Instructors)

Postby heeloth » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:11 pm

Any advice on the Show Me Tell Me part? Some people are telling me that you get a minor if you get a question wrong. It seems to me that this part is not as important. Am I wrong?
heeloth

Postby fungus » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:22 pm

heeloth wrote:Any advice on the Show Me Tell Me part? Some people are telling me that you get a minor if you get a question wrong. It seems to me that this part is not as important. Am I wrong?

You are correct. This is just to check a candidates knowledge of very basic safety checks. It will not result in a test fail, but it does add to the tally of driver errors or minor faults.
Nigel ADI
IAM observer
fungus

Postby ExadiNigel » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:31 pm

heeloth wrote:Any advice on the Show Me Tell Me part? Some people are telling me that you get a minor if you get a question wrong. It seems to me that this part is not as important. Am I wrong?

You are correct and incorrect in my view. Yes if you get one of the showme/tellme questions wrong you will pick up a driver fault (if you get both questions wrong then you still only receive 1 driver fault).

The Showme/tellme part not as important? I think that is where you are incorrect!
Ex - ADI & Fleet Trainer, RoADAR Diploma, National Standards Cycling Instructor, ex- Registered Assessor for BTEC in Driving Science, ex-Member RoADAR & IAM, Plymouth, ex - SAFED registered trainer
ExadiNigel

Return to Learner Driver Forum