sent of for licence , but unsure help please.

For discussion of topics relating to the Driving Standards Agency Learner Test (DSA L Test) and contribution by ADI's (Approved Driving Instructors)

Postby burgin2011 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:18 pm

hi guys new on this fourm but just askin for a bit of help , just recently sent of for my provisional licence but not sure if ive done it correctly , i sent my berth certificate & nasional incurance card for my iddentity . and on the verify iddentity where you have to get some 1 to sign i got my work mate to do it ive nown him for 16 years and he is a mantinence man , so he signed the photo and filled the out the bit of info will this be ok , thats the 1st problem the 2nd 1 is on my photo it had a little scribble on it , like a M shape ^^ and as sed above my friend signed this photo above this scribble is this ok with the bit of scribble there ! that it i just basically want to no if the dvla will accept this and will they send me my licence ? or will it be wrong due to the scribble and my work mate and not send my licence , and they will send me the stuff back without my licence ? cheers matty.
Keep your bike in good repair motorcycle boots are not comfortable for walking :)
burgin2011

Postby IVORTHE DRIVER » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:46 pm

Alsost certain that DVLA will return paperwork without licence!!

Mark on photo.....unuseable

Signed by non professional ie clergy, lawyer, teacher etc...not allowed

Welcome by the way

Ivor
2.5 Million miles of non-advanced but hopefully safe driving, not ready to quit yet
IVORTHE DRIVER

Postby Russ_H » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:31 pm

Matty,

I think you'll just have to wait to find out DVLA's reaction. Don't be tempted to
drive until you have all of this sorted out completely.

Regards,

Russ
Russ_H

Postby martine » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:55 pm

Admin: merged 2 identical posts from burgin.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby burgin2011 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:09 pm

cheers guys and what are your thoughts ? do you think i will get my licence or not ? hope i will :) i sent of my berth certificate and nasional insurance card should that be enough for them lol what do you think cheers
Keep your bike in good repair motorcycle boots are not comfortable for walking :)
burgin2011

Postby Angus » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:11 am

IVORTHE DRIVER wrote:Signed by non professional ie clergy, lawyer, teacher etc...not allowed

Ivor

As you don't have to be a professional to sign a passport photo, I assume the requirement's been dropped by DVLA

Also, if you've a new (with the chip) passport, you can do the application online and they'll use the photo from your passport

How long ago did you apply? My daughter's licence arrived in about 10 days last year
Angus

Postby burgin2011 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:56 pm

i sent off for it last friday mate just hope i get my licence through the post because i really want to take my bike test its booked for the 2nd of march so hope i get it for then and hopefully they dont send it me back without my licence and i have to do my licence form again then have to wait again cheers guys for the responses
burgin2011

Return to Learner Driver Forum