Has anyone taken the car theory test in the last few weeks??

For discussion of topics relating to the Driving Standards Agency Learner Test (DSA L Test) and contribution by ADI's (Approved Driving Instructors)

Postby jadder » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:35 pm

hey guys,

I have my car theory test in two days, and I am soo worried.I'd like a few question answering:

1)Do some of the questions in the test require one or more answers, or do all of them require just one answer? Because I have completed the official practise theory tests on the gov.uk, and all of the questions required only one answer.

2)What do you, when you go through the test centre door, do you go straight to the desk and then put belongings in the lockers, or something else?

3)Are the questions in the test difficult and what did you use to revise, im using the official dvsa app, toptests.co.uk, and theory test pro, is this enough?, I'm getting 49/50, 50/50 on mock exams.

5)Do you get a short break between multiple choice and hazard perception part?

6)Do you also wear headphones during the test?

4)Is the hazard perception part okay, I'm scared of getting disqualified. Are the hazards easy to spot

thankyou I'm just so worried about it
jadder

Postby martine » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:20 pm

Hey - just chill - it's not life and death - just do your best and even if you don't pass, you will do better next time I'm sure.

1) Yes some questions ask you to select the 2 correct answers
2) Yes - go to the desk and 'check-in' - they will explain what to do
3) Crikey - you sound well prepared...just don't rush through the questions - you have plenty of time and make sure you read them carefully before launching in with the answer
5) The test is taken at your pace - most find the allocated time plenty - if you want to pause just don't click on the next bit
6) I think headphones are provided for some people with special needs
4) My recommendation for the hazard perception part is to click when you first see a hazard and click again if it gets 'worse' i.e. pedestrian looks over shoulder as if to cross
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby jadder » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:24 pm

thankyou very much
jadder

Return to Learner Driver Forum