Driver CPC Initial Qualification

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving and training for LGV, HGV, PCV, Minibus's etc type vehicles.

Postby lparker » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:32 pm

Hi all, I'm new to all this forum stuff but he we go!
I have been taking my Class 2 licence and on Monday i managed to pass 1st time (not sure how but hey ho)!
Now my question is, is there any information on the drivers cpc module 4 which is the practical demonstration test because i cannot find what i actually need to be revising nor can i find any training companies that do the initial cpc. Plenty that do the 5 yr one but obviously i need to do this part before i can start to drive for a living.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Lee
lparker

Postby martine » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:09 pm

Welcome Lee and well done!

I haven't a clue to your question but I'm sure someone will be along here soon to help out (ROG where are you?).
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby ROG » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:08 pm

martine wrote: (ROG where are you?).

HERE BOSS :D

lparker wrote:I have been taking my Class 2 licence and on Monday i managed to pass

ImageImageImage
Image Image :D Image :D

lparker wrote:Now my question is, is there any information on the drivers cpc module 4 which is the practical demonstration test because i cannot find what i actually need to be revising nor can i find any training companies that do the initial cpc. Plenty that do the 5 yr one but obviously i need to do this part before i can start to drive for a living.

If you passed your car test after 01/01/1997 then you will need to do the initial LCV driver cpc modules 2 & 4
If you passed your car test before 01/01/1997 then you already have LGV C1 so need to do the 35 hours of PERIODIC dcpc training before 09/09/2014

INITIAL LCV driver cpc module 2 is done at the theory test centre and is various questions based on a few senarios with multi choice answers
You can book this yourself and will need to read the LGV theory test book (which you already did for your module 1a theory test) as well as the DSA LGV book on driving goods vehicles.
Getting the DSA LGV initial driver cpc book can also help as it gives examples of what you will face on the test.

Module 2 must be passed before doing module 4

Module 4 - try these links
http://www.flairtraining.co.uk/university/drivercpcmod4
http://www.flairtraining.co.uk/PDF/cpcp ... stions.pdf

You will need to have some practical training and hire the truck for the test so all in will probably cost you in the region of £250 for mod 4

On passing mod 4 DO NOT send anything to DVLA as the mod 4 pass is done electronically to DVLA by the DSA

You will need your licence for the mod 4 test

If you did not send off your licence after passing mod 3 (the practical C test) then you will need to send that along with your pass certificate - you will not get that pass certificate back so scan/copy it before sending if you want to keep a copy for the frame on the wall :D
If you ever send anything to DVLA then scan/copy both sides of everything before sending as they have been know to cock things up !!

I might be able to help you with a provider who will do mod 4 but I need to know which county /area you are in

PS - who did you book your training with :?:
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby heeloth » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:47 pm

ROG wrote:
martine wrote: (ROG where are you?).

HERE BOSS :D

lparker wrote:I have been taking my Class 2 licence and on Monday i managed to pass

ImageImageImage
Image Image :D Image :D

WOW just how do you do that??? It's pretty nice. I'm having my first test later this week, and I'd like to get the assurance that I'd have the same sort of congratulatory message if I manage to pass it! :)
heeloth

Postby ROG » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:05 pm

heeloth wrote:WOW just how do you do that???

If you either quote or edit your last post (above) then you will see that the fancy bits are all seperate links to my photobucket site/account where I have stored them all
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby heeloth » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:06 pm

I do see it. It has the IMG in brackets then the address of the pictures :)

Thanks!

www.driversdomainuk.com
heeloth

Return to LGV, HGV, PCV Driving Forum