hello people can you help me please pcv form needed

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving and training for LGV, HGV, PCV, Minibus's etc type vehicles.

Postby r1cky1 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:28 pm

i am in the process of buying a mini bus the guy iam buying from has a pcv of somekind and said i need a form from the dvla to down grade the mini bus back to a normal mini bus as iam not planning on carrying passengers for money just for family.
how does this work as i thought the pcv was a extra addon to his licence how can i change it back so the bus don't have to be checked by vosa every 8 weeks ?

thanks hope you can help me :oops: so annoying as there isn't nothing on google to help me
r1cky1

Postby martine » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi ricky1 and welcome.

I can't answer your question but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help...ROG where are you?
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby r1cky1 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:05 pm

ello mate swindon here yourself ?
r1cky1

Postby martine » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:30 pm

r1cky1 wrote:ello mate swindon here yourself ?

me North Bristol!
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby IVORTHE DRIVER » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:02 am

Hi,

If you are only using the bus for personal use i dont think you need to do anything to the bus itself but check your licence allows you to drive a vehicle with more than 8 seats...it all depends when you took your test.

It should be simple enough to tax the bus as a "normal" vehicle but not sure on that one.

Somebody on here willput you in the picture

Ivor
2.5 Million miles of non-advanced but hopefully safe driving, not ready to quit yet
IVORTHE DRIVER

Postby daz6215 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:15 am

The only thing I can think of if the bus is being used on an 'O' licence it would need to be removed off the licence, but that is the responsibility of the cpc holder.

http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/ac ... =RESOURCES
daz6215

Postby ROG » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:59 pm

If it is a minibus between 10 and 17 seats and you have a Full D1 or a D1 (101) then you can drive it

D1(101) is not for PCV use

r1cky1 wrote:i am in the process of buying a mini bus the guy iam buying from has a pcv of somekind and said i need a form from the dvla to down grade the mini bus back to a normal mini bus as iam not planning on carrying passengers for money just for family.
there isn't nothing on google to help me

that's because the info given to you is bullcrap
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Return to LGV, HGV, PCV Driving Forum