Hi

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby dombooth » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:50 am

DJL wrote:
michaelward21 wrote:Yeah you came to the drivers day at Brotherton and I took you out on the first training session.

Which Brotherton day was that? I went to one a while back... trying out observing without IPSGA for the new modular thing.

Cheers.

October last year - SA training day.

Dom
Dominic Booth
Chesterfield IAM Chairman & Webmaster
IAM F1RST & RoADAR Gold

ALL OF MY POSTS ARE OF MY OPINION ONLY AND NOT THAT OF MY GROUP UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.
dombooth

Postby waremark » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:10 pm

swatchways wrote:The fuel return was pretty good, easily 5 mpg, a bit more if I really worked at it, but the figures weren't quite as good as yours to start with - is yours the common rail version?

I didn't have any problems with mine (um, apart from a funny noise I couldn't find :evil: ), but she was mapped at about 40k and I sold her at about 80k.

I found the car impressive but 5 mpg sounds a bit expensive to run! (sorry for being a pedant).

What have you got instead?
waremark

Postby swatchways » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:46 am

waremark wrote:I found the car impressive but 5 mpg sounds a bit expensive to run! (sorry for being a pedant).

Oops, yes, spot the missing word - that should be 5mpg more! :) I part exchanged the Leon for a Honda Civic in half term - the 2.2 diesel engine.
swatchways

Postby dombooth » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:49 am

Paid another £100 for 250 miles last night. :(

Dom
Dominic Booth
Chesterfield IAM Chairman & Webmaster
IAM F1RST & RoADAR Gold

ALL OF MY POSTS ARE OF MY OPINION ONLY AND NOT THAT OF MY GROUP UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.
dombooth

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:15 pm

swatchways wrote:
waremark wrote:I found the car impressive but 5 mpg sounds a bit expensive to run! (sorry for being a pedant).

Oops, yes, spot the missing word - that should be 5mpg more! :) I part exchanged the Leon for a Honda Civic in half term - the 2.2 diesel engine.

One way of getting rid of the noise, I suppose :mrgreen:

Have you made your way across to Banbury yet?
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby swatchways » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:01 am

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:One way of getting rid of the noise, I suppose :mrgreen:

Have you made your way across to Banbury yet?

Sorry Mr C - didn't clock this when you posted it! Nobody wanted to try and tell me what the noise was, simply suggested I started in replacing things, which was going to get messy. (Um, wouldn't have actually been me replacing things, that really would have been messy! ;) ) Given everything else that needed doing too, it was time to move on.

I miss the Seat in a way. I learnt an awful lot in that car, and wondered what on earth I'd done when I first brought the Civic home, but after a while I'm settled, and it's great fun. It does seem to take me a long time to get used to a car, drove a forumite's car on Thursday evening and I don't think I'd have passed my IAM test frankly... :oops:

Anyway, no, I haven't made it to Banbury yet - I may only have a job for a couple more months, so attention and savings are focussed elsewhere right now, unfortunately! :(
swatchways

Previous

Return to Introductions