Greetings from the North East of England.

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby Crazydave » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Good day to you all,
My name is Dave and I am from the North East of England.I am currently a Senior Observer for the Durham IAM group, and enjoy all aspects of driving (and cycling). Basically, if it has wheels and it moves, I like it.
I am currently been coached for the IAM's Special Assessment, before it becomes the Masters (and i have to pay more money for it :mrgreen: )
I have been lurking for a while on here and decided to join as there is a good spectrum of opinions...rather than some of the more biased ones on some other driving forums.
Please be gentle with me.
Regards
Dave
Crazydave

Postby TripleS » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:28 pm

Crazydave wrote:Good day to you all,
My name is Dave and I am from the North East of England.I am currently a Senior Observer for the Durham IAM group, and enjoy all aspects of driving (and cycling). Basically, if it has wheels and it moves, I like it.
I am currently been coached for the IAM's Special Assessment, before it becomes the Masters (and i have to pay more money for it :mrgreen: )
I have been lurking for a while on here and decided to join as there is a good spectrum of opinions...rather than some of the more biased ones on some other driving forums.
Please be gentle with me.
Regards
Dave

Hello, Dave.

"Please be gentle with me", he says. Hah, they're all pussycats round 'ere, except when I wind 'em up - quite accidentally, of course. :lol:

Best wishes all,
Dave - the awkward one.
TripleS

Postby MrToad » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi Dave (the non-awkward one)

Who's providing your Special Assessment coaching? I struggled to find much advice when preparing for mine, and wonder if there's more provision for it in other areas of the country.

I don't think prices are fixed yet, but The Masters ( :roll: ) will make the current SA fee look like an absolute bargain.
Do less, better.
MrToad

Postby Crazydave » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:58 pm

Thank you both for your replies.
Sorry I am a little slow at responding...I have been in the Scottish Highlands for a weeks R+R.What a lovely selection of roads and scenery to drive around,but I did find it a little frustrating when drivers want to drive at half the legal limit in the 'nationals'. I have never completed so many overtakes in such a short period of time.

I am lucky 'Mr Toad' that I am close friends with two of the IAM's Regional training team (one being a recently retired Class One Advanced Police driver) which are both helping me with my sessions.
The Region 4 training team appear to be quite well organized and are very pro-active.You are right about the 'Masters' it will be substantially more expensive than the previous 'Special Assessment'
Regards
Dave
Crazydave

Postby michaelward21 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:21 pm

Hi,
Depending onwhere you are I'm sure there will be somebody about who canoffer you some coaching for the SA/Masters.
If you've any questions regarding it please dont hesitate to ask.
Mike
michaelward21

Postby Crazydave » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Cheers Mike...I believe we have a mutual friend with the initials DH.

I have seen some of your in-car coverage/commentary of when you had the Volvo and more recently the Audi.I was well impressed with what I saw.
I don't think we have met yet...but hopefully I will see you on the 14th September at the IAM driving Skills day at Croft.I will come across to the 'skid car' and introduce myself.

Regards
Dave
Crazydave

Return to Introductions