Hello from Bromley

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby Dalto123 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi all,

My name is Phil and I've joined this forum because several people reccommended I should join the site after the 'Young Drivers Day' with the High Performance Club.

I don't really know what see to write in this space so I'll say a little bit about myself. Im 19, live in Bromley (as said) and drive a 1999 Nissan Micra :( Im a mad keen petrol head, always have been. Been driving since the tender age of 10 (on private land), gaining my full licence in late 2010. I've done auto testing for the last 5/6 years or so which is great fun, but also teaches me a lot about car control :D

Im really looking to better my road driving, to see where I can improve. I hear some of you meet occasionally for drives, and would love to join in if I could. Hopefully at some point I'd like to go on an advanced driving course too.

Thats all from me now.

Phil
Dalto123

Postby jont » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Welcome Phil - I have a feeling we drove together on YDD (I had the green Elan). Glad you made it across here. :D

I think there are a few ADUKers not far from you. If you want to make it out and about, it's probably still not too late to sign up to the August driving day near Oxford - even if some of the roads may be familiar from YDD.

Further afield is the Brecons day in September.

Jon
jont

Postby Dalto123 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:55 pm

Hi Jon, yes you did take me out in the Elan! Very happy Ive made it here now :D

Sadly I'm unable to make it to the August meet as I'll be in North Wales on a driving holiday with Dad, but know of the one in September. Its good to know theres a few members down this way too :D

Phil
Dalto123

Postby jcochrane » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:13 pm

Welcome Phil. We may have met in Oxford but not sure. I live very close to you so if you are interested in a drive PM me and we could fix something up.
jcochrane

Location: East Surrey and wherever good driving roads can be found.

Postby jont » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:59 pm

jcochrane wrote:Welcome Phil. We may have met in Oxford but not sure. I live very close to you so if you are interested in a drive PM me and we could fix something up.

Good man John, I hoped you might volunteer :lol:

Phil - it's definitely worth taking up John's offer if you can find a mutually agreeable time.
jont

Postby Dalto123 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:11 am

jont wrote:
jcochrane wrote:Welcome Phil. We may have met in Oxford but not sure. I live very close to you so if you are interested in a drive PM me and we could fix something up.

Good man John, I hoped you might volunteer :lol:

Phil - it's definitely worth taking up John's offer if you can find a mutually agreeable time.

Hello there! Yes I certainly should set something up! :D Great to see I can meet other members too
Dalto123

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:12 pm

Welcome Phil, I was at YDD too but I don't think we met. Good to have you here. If you go out with John, take a good book, and be prepared for lots of tea and cake stops. He will probably take a nap in the afternoon - your job will be to ensure it's not while he's behind the wheel ... :wink:
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby jont » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:20 pm

Dalto123 wrote:Great to see I can meet other members too

If you haven't already seen the thread, in the members section is a list of people who have offered their services as a mentor:
http://advanced-driving.co.uk/forum/vie ... =13&t=3187
Just click on the username and it should open a window ready to private message them and arrange a drive :D
jont

Return to Introductions