An Introduction

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby philipn » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:20 pm

Good evening all....I thought I'd just introduce myself as a new member.

I passed my IAM test this time 3 years ago and although drive in that method all the time now, my career path changed and self employed has regrettably curbed any further training.

I think my next step is self progression and following that RoSPA training so I can compare to IAM and see if I can achieve a gold. One step at a time though.

I would be interested in taking a drive with one of you experienced guys to see if I am going wrong at any stage- I don't know how this fits in with the site but from what I have seen so far looks a fair target!

I passed my driving test way back in 1989 and one of my ambitions was always to pass an advanced drivers course; having done that I can move to the next level.I am located on the Hampshire/West Sussex border.

Thanks for reading.
Phil.
philipn

Postby Gareth » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:14 pm

philipn wrote:I would be interested in taking a drive with one of you [...] I am located on the Hampshire/West Sussex border.

Welcome Phil. I guess you mean somewhere between Havant and Haslemere. I seem to be the closest although I'm quite constrained on what I can do but if you send me a PM we can see if there is a possibility to meet up sometime. The standard approach would be for each of us to drive our own cars along the same short route, each circuit taking about an hour or so.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...
Gareth

Postby philipn » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:12 pm

Hi Gareth
Thanks for your reply. I'm in Petersfield and will drop you a line!
Many thanks
Phil.
philipn

Postby martine » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:01 am

Hi Phil and welcome!

Seems like you're sorted with a possible drive...enjoy it...Gareth is quite good :wink:
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby fungus » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:24 pm

Hi Phil and welcome.

I have driven with Gareth, and he's very good. Take up that offer.
Nigel ADI
IAM observer
fungus

Return to Introductions