Hi from me. Manchester Area

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby Aristotle » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi,

a quick introduction from me:

I live in the Manchester area. I'm interested in driving and riding and I am interested in learning more. I've read widely on both over the years.

Training-wise, I have an IAM motorbike pass. I've done a defensive driving course with IAM and been observed by a RoAdar examiner. I've had a session in a skid car.

Experience-wise, I enjoy driving in all conditions and I've ridden/driven in various countries/continents. South America and Asia being particularly interesting... Other than turn-up-and-drive karting, I've only been on a track once. I'm a keen mountain biker (preferably on rocky/technical mountains)

Beliefs-wise, I'm more in favour of drivers interacting harmoniously with one-another than I am in favour of people adhering strictly to any 'driving system'. I'm a fan of smoothness and I've no objection to overlapping control inputs if it will aid smooth progress.

I'm intrigued by the 'HPC', but don't know much about it.

Cheers,
Aristotle

Postby martine » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Welcome oh-wise-one!

I'll let others explain HPC but you might like to come along to an ADUK driving day...you'll find a wide range of drivers and experience and background attend...some IAM/ROSPA, some HPC and others with no formal training at all. They are always friendly, non-competitive, enjoyable and informative.

Only problem is there are no more organised for this year - unless someone steps up to the plate!
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Aristotle » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:43 pm

Cheers.

I'll have a look at the calendar.

Are there any active members in my area?
Aristotle

Postby faboka » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:18 pm

Hello, I'm just down the road in Liverpool. Not done much this year due on the driving front. Theirs a couple of members in are area.
John
faboka

Return to Introductions