I've succumbed...

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby MrsJonT » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi all!

I thought that I ought to post an introduction here, as I've posted on the Brecons day forum, but no-one else will know me.

As my user name suggests I'm jont's 'better?' half. I've driven with a few people on a couple of aduk driving days, but hadn't signed up to the forums. Yesterday there seemed to be a consensus that I should do so, so here I am. Sorry, Jon you can't hide here now. :wink:

My first introduction to advanced driving was when J had an elise and I didn't want to drive it, so kindly Hanna took me out to build my confidence (on an aduk driving day). A bit later and maybe a bit of pressure from J, I joined the local Rospa driving group. I have had a very patient observer and over the last two years my driving has been improving. I am about to take my test (should have been a few weeks ago but the car's engine broke :( )

I still have a long way to go with my driving, and once I've passed my test I'd like to focus for a bit on my driving in J's Elan. The skoda is much easier!

To give some background about my driving 'beliefs', I was in a major accident 16 years ago where I was trapped in the car for an hour. I broke both femurs and was in hospital for 6 weeks. The cause was a young driver who took a risk with inappropriate speed. This means that safety is key, and I don't like risks. One of the things that I have enjoyed about advanced driving is improving my hazard awareness. (I secretly wish I had listened to J earlier about it, but I find it really hard to take advice from him!). I talk on a junior drivers course about inappropriate speed and risks that we could take (drink, drugs, etc). As a secondary school teacher I also talk about it too, and now include the idea of advanced driving to my students.

So here I am, a big hello! :)
MrsJonT

Postby gannet » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:35 pm

and an official welcome along from me :)

Good luck in the Rospa test :D
-- Gannet.
Membership Secretary, East Surrey Group of Advanced Motorists
Driving: Citroen DS3 DSport 1.6THP / MINI Cooper Coupe :D
Riding: Airnimal Joey Sport... (helps with the commute into London during the week!)
ImageImage
gannet

Postby jcochrane » Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:34 pm

It was good to see you again yesterday and welcome to the forum.
jcochrane

Location: East Surrey and wherever good driving roads can be found.

Postby MrsJonT » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:30 pm

Thank you for the welcomes.

Rospa test booked for 25th October. eeek!

If anyone in the Bristol area feels like a drive and giving me advice please send me a message. :)

Liz
MrsJonT

Postby exportmanuk » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:10 pm

Good luck for your test, one more step on the road of advanced motoring
exportmanuk

Postby Octy_Ross » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:57 pm

Hello Mrs T :) nice to see you on here, I hope all is well.
Octy_Ross

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:35 pm

Hi Liz, happy to go for a drive if you would like - I'm not toooo far away - in Wootton Bassett...
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Return to Introductions