A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby George » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi all, i just thought I would introduce my self, I am a transport manager for a small charity called Dial a Ride in North wales. we operate 6 accesable minibuses with 5 part time drivers and 3 unpaid drivers. I am an advanced driver having past both the IAM car and Minibus test. I am also a MiDAS trainer, and won the MiDAS driver of the year comptwo years ago. my main goal is to help our drivers improve their driving standards and want to learn more and not just to drift along .I found this site by accident, I hope I can learn from the wealth of knowlage and experience on here.
George.
George

Postby kfae8959 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Welcome, George - I drive the odd minibus myself, although I've never taken the IAM minibus test. South Hertfordshire isn't quite as scenic as north Wales, though, so I'm jealous of your local roads!

David
"A man's life in these parts often depends on a mere scrap of information"
kfae8959

Postby martine » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:10 am

Welcome George - good to have you on board.

If you have any questions of things you'd like to discuss, please post-away...most people here are friendly and open to discussion (all except 'TripleS' :lol: ).

We need an ADUK driving day up in your neck of the woods...so once you've settled in...
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby TripleS » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:47 am

Hello George and welcome to ADUK.

Don't take too much notice of what Martin says about me; he's just envious of my extraordinary eco-driving skills. 8)

Eileen and I have just had a splendid 12 day holiday in Scotland with our motorhome, and averaged 38.9 mpg. I reckon that is a great credit to Peugeot's HDi engine......and of course the talents of Le Conducteur. :P

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Return to Introductions