Signing in.

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby AlanH » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:06 am

Hello,

I'm AlanH introducing myself as suggested.

I drive a VW Sharan 1.9 TDi auto. More a grandchildren carrier than a people carrier and in my opinion a great driving position.

For the day job I lead the road safety education and training team for South Gloucestershire Council and chair the West of England Road Safety Partnership currently.

I am a retired police advanced driving instructor, currently an IAM examiner and a member of the IAM Regional Training Team and IAM regional spokesperson.

I look forward to using the site and hopefully learn something.

Best wishes
Alan
AlanH

Postby MrToad » Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:39 am

Hi Alan

I'm not sure we can teach you much, but you might come across some interesting alternative ideas and opinions.

Hope you'll be able to make it to a driving day or two - usually on Saturdays in Spring / Summer, but occasionally at other times too.
Do less, better.
MrToad

Postby martine » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:34 am

Hi Alan and great to have you on board.

Please be gentle with us...you'll find there are all sorts here inc. other police and ex-police, many IAM and ROSPA members, HPC members and plenty with no 'formal' experience, just an aspiration to be a better driver.

The common thread amongst us is, I suggest an open mind and a desire to improve by sharing ideas and techniques.

With your background you will probably have a different take on some issues and I look forward to your views!
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Mike H » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi Alan

Good to see you on board :)
IAM; RoADAR
Mike H

Return to Introductions