Afternoon All

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby mccarn » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:05 pm

Renny wrote:Hi from a fellow Scot, welcome.

Grant are you seeing much interest in HPC up here?

Hi Renny,

I believe you served in Fife Constabulary with my father, Jim (From Cupar) if it's the right person I'm thinking off? I've previously met you through the scouts.
IAM Passed 22/7/13
mccarn

Postby mccarn » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:07 pm

Octy_Ross wrote:Hello Neil, welcome to ADUK, I'm based in Aberdeen - it's not so far away - if you fancy a drive sometime give me a shout we can make a plan.

If you've been out with Grant then I'm sure you've picked up all his bad habits like put louder exhaust on the car and the such...

My entry to HPC was through a YDD and it was very good. I would advise, if you can afford it, to stay down there the night before and after as the day will turn your brain to mush. When I attended I lived about 1 hour from the hotel and even that was enough of a drive home!

Renny, my dad, brother and I are all members, as well as Grant, I'm sure if you were interested in a drive sometime something could be arranged ;-)

Perhaps this year we could arrange our first Scottish ADUK day...

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the offer!

With regards the YDD my plan was to go down on the Friday (Travelodge it - £22 if I book now! instead of the £70 on the venue is wanting), attend the YDD on the sat, stay over the sat night, then drive back up the Sunday.
IAM Passed 22/7/13
mccarn

Postby mccarn » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:15 pm

So.. after various things one leading to another I finally got round to sitting my test.

Pleased to say I passed.

Out of the 27 competencies... 22 "1's and 5 "2s". Not quite enough for a First but still a good run all in!
IAM Passed 22/7/13
mccarn

Postby martine » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:47 pm

Very well done Neil! Onwards and upwards...hope to meet you on an ADUK driving day sometime soon.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby mccarn » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:13 pm

Cheers!

Slightly gutted I missed out on a 1st.

It was a very good run all in however :)
IAM Passed 22/7/13
mccarn

Previous

Return to Introductions