A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby mickjane2 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:52 am

Hi let me introduce myself. My name is Mick, I have been an ADI of several years and have just joined the LGV ADI register. Prior to this I have been a mechanic (from 1969 to present day) having worked for various Ford main dealers and owned and operated an MOT station/ used Mercedes sales and repairs. Due to health problems (mechanics hands) I now work for a registered charity who run a local CT scheme (driving mini buses and helping out in the garage when needed) this was going to be temporary lol till the recession hit. I have been a keen biker and have owned a few Jap sports bikes and done a few track days at Brands Hatch. I love restoring old motors and have restored a couple of old bikes, my latest project (when time and funds present themselves) is a 1989 Sylva Pheonix last used in the 1992 kit car championships. My current drives are a 2012 VW Golf GT cabriolet and a tatty but reliable Rover 216 GSI (Honda powered.) Well that's enough from me and I hope to be talking with you all soon. Mick
mickjane2

Postby martine » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:51 pm

Hi Mick and welcome.

Hope you enjoy your stay here and perhaps you'll get to meet a few of the regulars at an ADUK driving day some time soon.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Return to Introductions