Hello from the Highlands!

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby SinkyB » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:43 pm

Hi Folks,

Just joined the site and thought I’d say hello. I’m Sinclair (aka Sinky) from near Inverness. I passed my IAM car test back in 1998 and unfortunately due to other commitments in life haven’t been much involved with the IAM since then, although I do still try and drive and ride to the system.

I am a very keen motorist and motorcyclist, although I just made my return back onto bikes last year after a break of 8 years. Now that I’m back on two wheels I’m planning on the Bikesafe course first as a refresher and then hopefully go on to do the IAM bike test in the not too distant future.

I’ve always been interested in the RoSPA course too, but unfortunately it seems that the nearest group/test is in Glasgow, which is 200 miles away and therefore a little bit difficult to justify commuting for the course and test.

At the moment I drive a Ford Focus TDCI and ride a Honda NT700 Deauville.
SinkyB

Postby martine » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Welcome Sinky!

Yes ROSPA are thinly spread in some areas of the UK.

You might consider joining some of us on the Scotland ADUK driving day - see the members, driver-network forum for details.
http://www.advanced-driving.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=13
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby buachaille » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:11 pm

Hello,

Originally from the Highlands myself. Born in the Sneck, brought up just outside Fort William. Moved to Glasgow for Uni, met a girl etc etc.

Cheers,

Duncan
buachaille

Return to Introductions