G'day...

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby TR4ffic » Fri May 17, 2013 1:09 pm

Afternoon everyone...

I'm Nick and not new to AD as I passed my IAM test aged 22 in July '85 - I took my test in Chicheter (can't remember my examiner's name) in my '67 TR4a on a sunny day, top down and complete with throttle blipped double de-clutches :) . I am new to on-line forums, however, having recently started on the IAM forum and heard about ADUK from there.

I learnt all my driving skills from from my Dad who was a Police Advanced Driving Instructor (Wiltshire Police based out of Police HQ in Devizes). Being the youngest of 4 kids, I used to sit 'up front' between my Mum & Dad on the bench seat of my Dad's Rover; I could see everything that was going on and loved watching him drive. My Dad taught me on L plates but I did have 6 lessons with a 'civvy' driving instructor before taking and passing my DSA test. I didn't have any further instruction before booking and passing my AD test - I was dead chuffed... I have always taken my driving very seriously and drive with a passion (don't read 'too fast' into that..!).

I kept the TR for many years but, unfortunately, it is no more and, after many cars in between, now make do with a Toyota Prius and a Nissan Pathfinder (for towing).

I'll have a go at driving almost anything and have done a number of track days, single seaters, 4x4 offroad, buses(!) and a steam train(!!). An artic is next on the list...

I look forward to participating in the near future...
Riveting – The most fascinating job you could ever have..!

Nick
IAM Member since 1985
TR4ffic

Postby gannet » Fri May 17, 2013 1:25 pm

Welcome along :D
-- Gannet.
Membership Secretary, East Surrey Group of Advanced Motorists
Driving: Citroen DS3 DSport 1.6THP / MINI Cooper Coupe :D
Riding: Airnimal Joey Sport... (helps with the commute into London during the week!)
ImageImage
gannet

Return to Introductions