Returning member...

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby ExadiNigel » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:08 pm

Hi I am Nigel, was living in Swindon but now living in Plymouth.

Not done much driving since moving to Plymouth as allowed eldest daughter to have custody of my Jetta in September 2010. Have hired a car now and again and have driven youngest daughter's car on occasion. Should be getting the Jetta back in a couple of months or so! In mixed minds over it, have enjoyed being car free and walking/ busing and cycling but have missed some of the flexibility of the car.

As my user name suggests I used to be an ADI though that has now lapsed more than 12 months so if I decide to return to that at any time I would have to redo all 3 tests.

I moved down to Plymouth to start a Teaching course (Secondary Maths) but have had to give up on the teaching side of it because I was struggling to cope with the level of planning required. I will still graduate with a degree but without the qualified teacher status I had originally hoped for.

Joined in with the Lechlade ADUK day some years ago now and, if I have my car back, intend to join in again on ADUK days as I enjoyed the Lechlade day so much.

Nigel
Ex - ADI & Fleet Trainer, RoADAR Diploma, National Standards Cycling Instructor, ex- Registered Assessor for BTEC in Driving Science, ex-Member RoADAR & IAM, Plymouth, ex - SAFED registered trainer
ExadiNigel

Postby martine » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:45 pm

Ahhh...hi Nigel and welcome back. Sorry to hear about your teaching woes but I guess you'd be kicking yourself if you hadn't tried.

I look forward to meeting you again at a driving day sometime soon.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby ExadiNigel » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:06 pm

Thanks Martin :D
Ex - ADI & Fleet Trainer, RoADAR Diploma, National Standards Cycling Instructor, ex- Registered Assessor for BTEC in Driving Science, ex-Member RoADAR & IAM, Plymouth, ex - SAFED registered trainer
ExadiNigel

Postby fungus » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Welcome back.
Nigel ADI
IAM observer
fungus

Postby ExadiNigel » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:21 pm

Thank you oh fungal one :-)
ExadiNigel

Postby martine » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:04 pm

ExadiNigel wrote:Thank you oh fungal one :-)

Ewwww!
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:34 pm

Welcome back Nigel!
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby ExadiNigel » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:49 pm

wahoo! am now back on the road again. my eldest has had my Jetta for the last 3 years. feels weird driving again...but nice!

will be looking out for the next driving day.
ExadiNigel

Return to Introductions