Greetings from Glasgow

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby buachaille » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi,

Just joined the forum today. I'm a self-employed Civil Engineer, frequently driving on anything from motorways to farm tracks throughout the southern portion of Scotland. Frequent trips to the Highlands & Cumbria. Currently driving a Saab 93 estate with my wife having Toyota Avensis.

In the pleasurable position of getting out from time to time for evening/night drives on various routes around Ayrshire, Lanarkshire etc. when family commitments allow.

Recently became a Member of the IAM.

Cheers,

Duncan
buachaille

Postby martine » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:02 pm

Welcome Duncan!

Must be great when your job takes you on nice roads...makes the 'commute' enjoyable I guess!

Have you been out with an Observer yet? If you have any questions, don't hold back.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby buachaille » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:32 pm

Martin,

Yes, a nice varied commute certainly helps at the start & end of the day.

By saying I'm a Member of the IAM, I was meaning that I have passed my test and so am no longer an Associate.

Don't worry though, I'm sure over the course of the various discussions on here, I'll still have questions. Every day a school day, and all that.

Duncan
buachaille

Postby IanB » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:08 am

Hello Duncan,

Welcome. Hopefully you might be able to make the next Scotland drivers' day. They have been few and far between but the last one was in May.
There may be another later in the year.
IanB

Postby buachaille » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:08 pm

Ian,

I'll keep a lookout for another one, in order to have sufficient negotiating time with my good lady. :)

Regards,

Duncan
buachaille

Return to Introductions