Hello from a new member in Berkshire

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby Emma Summers » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:13 am

Hi,

Registered a while ago and have been lurking :)

My name is Emma and I live in Reading and drive a silver Monaro. I've recently completed the IAM fast track course and had my test last night which I passed :D

I'm looking to progress my AD skills by joining HPC next but I'll also be getting in touch with my local IAM group.

Em x
Emma Summers

Postby MrToad » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:59 am

Hi Emma

Always good to find another PH member over here.

HPC and the higher levels of advanced training will certainly be easier if you have a grounding in Roadcraft. IAM (and don't forget RoSPA) provide a very cost-effective way of getting that experience at a pace that suits you.

Will you be able to join us in Shaftesbury on the 10th of August? There will be lots of people there who can give you useful help and advice, and It's only an hour and a bit down the A303...
Do less, better.
MrToad

Postby jcochrane » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:29 am

Hi Emma congratulations and welcome to ADUK. As Mr T has said sign on as a member, if you have not done so already and go to the Driver Network in the members only section and sign up for the Shaftsbury driving day if you can. They are a great way to meet like minded people, learn a bit more and enjoy driving on some wonderful roads.
jcochrane

Location: East Surrey and wherever good driving roads can be found.

Postby martine » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:42 pm

Welcome Emma and me 'bagsy' a ride in your car...
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby jcochrane » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:26 pm

martine wrote:Welcome Emma and me 'bagsy' a ride in your car...

OK so I "bagsy" the other half day. Now, Emma, you have to come along to an ADUK driving day or you will upset the both of us. :cry:
jcochrane

Postby Emma Summers » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:47 pm

jcochrane wrote:
martine wrote:Welcome Emma and me 'bagsy' a ride in your car...

OK so I "bagsy" the other half day. Now, Emma, you have to come along to an ADUK driving day or you will upset the both of us. :cry:

:lol: I'm in! Nothing like peer pressure :roll:

Thanks for the welcome guys - looking to forward to meeting you and building on and improving my AD skills :)
Emma Summers

Postby 7db » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:11 pm

If you are young and interested in HPC, then you should be signed up to the Young Drivers Day. Not so far from Reading, and a great day.

Someone will dig out a link if you are interested and can't find it... hpc.org.uk
7db

Postby Emma Summers » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:23 pm

7db wrote:If you are young and interested in HPC, then you should be signed up to the Young Drivers Day.

I'm not sure I qualify on the "young" front :lol:
Emma Summers

Postby jcochrane » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:35 pm

Emma Summers wrote:
7db wrote:If you are young and interested in HPC, then you should be signed up to the Young Drivers Day.

You're as young as you think you are. Look at me only 25 but married for 46 years. :o Bit tricky to explain that. :roll:
jcochrane

Postby 7db » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:05 pm

If not under 26, then you'll find lots of members nearby who will be delighted to go for a drive with you. I'm in Bucks if you have a spare couple of hours.
7db

Postby Emma Summers » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:31 pm

jcochrane wrote:
Emma Summers wrote:

You're as young as you think you are. Look at me only 25 but married for 46 years. :o Bit tricky to explain that. :roll:

Same! I've held my driving license for 17 years but I'm only 21 ;)
Emma Summers

Postby jcochrane » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:46 pm

Emma Summers wrote:
jcochrane wrote:You're as young as you think you are. Look at me only 25 but married for 46 years. :o Bit tricky to explain that. :roll:

Ah, a kindred spirit. :D or at 4 years old did you drive an adapted car to reach the pedals or were in you the pedal car when you took the test?
jcochrane

Postby Emma Summers » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:07 pm

jcochrane wrote:
Emma Summers wrote:
jcochrane wrote:You're as young as you think you are. Look at me only 25 but married for 46 years. :o Bit tricky to explain that. :roll:

Ah, a kindred spirit. :D or at 4 years old did you drive an adapted car to reach the pedals or were in you the pedal car when you took the test?

Did you see TopGear at the weekend? That'll give you an insight, but we used a bean bag as booster cushion so I could see over the steering wheel and alphabet blocks glued together so I could reach the pedals :lol:
Emma Summers

Return to Introductions