New member in Northamptonshire

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby Nikki » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:16 pm

Hello everyone: my name is Nikki, I am 60 years old and I live in a very rural area of Northamptonshire, but work in the metropolis of Milton Keynes.

I am very much looking forward to friendly debating with members regarding issues that are particularly close to my heart - excessive speeding, tailgaiting and the legal right of horses to be ridden on roads. I can be very passionate sometimes, but never rude.

I drive a Nissan Micra - the new version with the intelligent key - and have a round trip of 62 miles to and from work everyday on country lanes, main roads and the M1 - so "see it all" on a daily basis.
Nikki

Postby MrToad » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:45 am

Hi Nikki

Welcome to ADUK. We're always up for debate round these parts, and passionate but not rude sounds like a good combination.

You won't find much support here for inappropriate speed, but you may discover different ideas on what could be appropriate in certain circumstances.
Do less, better.
MrToad

Postby jameslb101 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:37 am

Nikki wrote:I drive a Nissan Micra - the new version with the intelligent key

And what's one of those when it's at home (or in the car as the case may be)?

Welcome to the forum.
jameslb101

Postby Nikki » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:57 pm

MrToad wrote:Hi Nikki

Welcome to ADUK. We're always up for debate round these parts, and passionate but not rude sounds like a good combination.

You won't find much support here for inappropriate speed, but you may discover different ideas on what could be appropriate in certain circumstances.

Hello Mr Toad - poop poop!!!

I do tend to have some pretty fixed ideas about speeding, so am always open to having my mind if not changed then modified!

Thanx for your lovely welcome!
Nikki

Postby Nikki » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:02 pm

jameslb101 wrote:
Nikki wrote:I drive a Nissan Micra - the new version with the intelligent key

And what's one of those when it's at home (or in the car as the case may be)?

Welcome to the forum.

Hello James!

The old "granny-style" Nissan Micra was replaced about 10 years with the new shape - one of the options was the model with what was described as an intelligent key. There is no ignition activated with a key. You have an electronic key fob which you have to have on you of course to open, lock the car and to start it. It is great - to open the driver's door, you press a button once, to open the 4 remaining doors you press the button again. To lock, you press either the passenger door or the driver's door once and the whole thing locks. To start up, you put your foot on the brake pedal, turn a knob on the steering wheel and off you go!

I love my little car - she does 54.2 miles to the gallon on basic unleaded, she has done 98,000 miles and sails through the MOT each year without mishap. She goes like a dingbat when asked, but I stick to a stately 60 on the motorway to save petrol.

Thank for your welcome!
Nikki

Return to Introductions