New to this

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby Keithrm » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:18 pm

Hi everyone
Just about to embark on this and looking forward to the learning curve.

Keith
Keithrm

Postby Horse » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:20 pm

Welcome!

Want to add some detail of what you'd like to achieve?

Good luck,
malc
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby Keithrm » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:40 pm

Horse wrote:Welcome!

Want to add some detail of what you'd like to achieve?

Good luck,
malc
just joined a local group and ultimately a ROSPA pass would be great but that is some way off.

And thanks for the welcome :D
Keithrm

Postby Horse » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:59 pm

What's your starting point?

I'm sure there could be plenty of pointers from people here on how you can make the best progress towards your goal!
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby Keithrm » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:03 pm

Horse wrote:What's your starting point?

I'm sure there could be plenty of pointers from people here on how you can make the best progress towards your goal!

40 years of doing it,by what I have read here and my own research, mostly wrong. So in terms of advanced driving I am a complete novice so please be gentle :wink:
Keithrm

Postby Horse » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:14 pm

Get on Youtube and watch Chris Gilbert's videos, then consider purchasing some of his DVDs. [Shame this is just post-Xmas!]

http://www.youtube.com/user/UltDrivingCraft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVtQ4NN5_-Q

Work first (IMHO) on your forward observation - make it an 'aggressive' search for information. Then ask yourself "How can that affect me?" and plan accordingly, and make those decisions as early as possible.

Although intended for bikers, some of these work [almost] as well in a car:
http://the-ride-info.blogspot.co.uk/p/d ... ining.html
Horse

Postby martine » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:38 pm

Welcome Keith.

I'm sure you have some questions about advanced driving or the ROSPA test...ask away!
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby revian » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:08 pm

Hello and welcome Keith... We're not all old(AD and Forum-wise) old hands...

I'm sure you'll think you're mostly right after a while... :roll: and won't be alone...

And happy new year...

Ian
Wirral
revian

Postby Keithrm » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:53 pm

Thank you for the warm welcomes and a happy New Year to you all :D
I have lots of questions but need to get a few miles of local tuition to even try to understand where I am going :wink:
The questions will be coming.

Thanks

Keith
Keithrm

Postby Keithrm » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:49 am

Sorry about delay but I have had a full year of work, volunteering and driving, I passed my Rospa test at gold standard last July since then our group has grown and I embarked on an approved tutor course and got through that, enjoying everything about it all
Keith
Keithrm

Postby martine » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:47 am

Keithrm wrote:Sorry about delay but I have had a full year of work, volunteering and driving, I passed my Rospa test at gold standard last July since then our group has grown and I embarked on an approved tutor course and got through that, enjoying everything about it all
Keith

Excellent - very well done! You are officially entitled to fell 'chuffed'.

Good to see you're continuing with Tutor training - I'm sure you'll enjoy passing skills on.

Keep us posted.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Return to Introductions