Longstanding iAM Member New to this Forum

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby onlinegenie » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:04 pm

Hi everybody.

Joined the IAM in 1983 and have been a member of three groups since then. Not a group member at the moment (was in Merseyside group till it folded) and probably won't return till I retire. I work at home at the moment so don't do much driving, but I'm still interested in keeping my knowledge up to date which is why I've joined here.

Mark
onlinegenie

Postby martine » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:49 pm

Welcome Mark! Hope to meet on an ADUK driving day sometime soon.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby TR4ffic » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:34 am

Welcome along... Are you still in the merseyside area?

Like you, I've come to these online forums recently (I have a bit more time on my hands now) - you'll find an interesting mix of views and comment...
Riveting – The most fascinating job you could ever have..!

Nick
IAM Member since 1985
TR4ffic

Postby onlinegenie » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:58 am

Yes, still living in Merseyside. Been here all my life and will probably stay :)
onlinegenie

Postby kfae8959 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:15 pm

Welcome!

As you may already know, the area covered by the defunct Merseyside group was divided between Runcorn, St Helen's and Warrington, and Sefton. I'm with the Sefton group, which covers Liverpool City Centre, and am always delighted to meet up and go for a drive (with or without my IAM hat on...)

David
"A man's life in these parts often depends on a mere scrap of information"
kfae8959

Postby onlinegenie » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:22 pm

Hi David.

Nice to (virtually) meet you. Interestingly enough, I had an email from Paul Woozley some weeks ago asking if I would be interested in joining Sefton group (I don't think it was personal - I think it was sent to all IAM members in a particular radius). Bit far for me unfortunately. I'm enjoying my break at the moment and considering returning after I retire in a few years' time (or earlier if I'm lucky!).
onlinegenie

Postby kfae8959 » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:28 am

Understood - the Sefton group's meetings are in Southport, but we take associates from much further south, including the whole of Liverpool. As I say, do get in touch if you fancy a drive.

David
"A man's life in these parts often depends on a mere scrap of information"
kfae8959

Postby plumber » Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:18 pm

Why not give St Helens a try?
We are only up the road from you

John
plumber

Return to Introductions