Hello to everybody!

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:52 pm

Hello

Now, allow me to introduce myself,
I am turning 17 in December and I have already formed a love of driving when I did driving lessons for under 17's at Romford about 2 years ago with a qualified instructor. As a result of this, I want to be able to ask other members for driving tips as early as possible so when I get my provisional license, I can be as confident as possible in my driving skills.
I do not classify myself as a "petrolhead", and not do I classify myself as a "typical teenage male" as I am not the kind of person to go on about tuning and turbocharging, all I am is just someone who likes cars, so don't be be needlessly worried about me wanting to do 90MPH everywhere and demand that speed bumps be removed!

Anyway, excuse me. I'll be asking lots of questions around here, and I hope you guys'll be able to answer them!

Ta for reading, and I look forwards to chatting to you all!
TheInsanity1234

Postby sussex2 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:20 am

Welcome.
I'm not bothered about the old Romanians and Bulgarians but the Old Etonians scare me rigid.
sussex2

Postby gannet » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:20 pm

welcome along :D
-- Gannet.
Membership Secretary, East Surrey Group of Advanced Motorists
Driving: Citroen DS3 DSport 1.6THP / MINI Cooper Coupe :D
Riding: Airnimal Joey Sport... (helps with the commute into London during the week!)
ImageImage
gannet

Postby skodatezzer » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:45 pm

Let me add my words of welcome too! You certainly seem to be coming to the start of your driving career with the right mindset. Take things one step at a time, but remember, when you pass your DSA driving test, that you’re just at the start of the learning process! There are many different ways to improve post-test – pass plus for starters, but also groups like IAM and ROADAR. And there’ll always be lots of good, friendly advice on here! There are some excellent young drivers out there, and I know there are at least a couple who post regularly on this forum. Everyone on here is into enjoying their driving, improving their driving all the time, and learning from each other. Hope the lessons go well when you get started and who knows, maybe we’ll be seeing you on ADUK driving days in the future!
IAM National Observer. Chair, E. Surrey IAM.
skodatezzer

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:17 am

Some people might find it bizarre that I'm on here looking for advice and tips, even though I don't turn 17 until the end of the year :lol: However, I have always felt that the earlier you start reading up and getting tips on how to do something, the better prepared you are when you have to do the task in hand :wink:
TheInsanity1234

Postby skodatezzer » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:46 am

TheInsanity1234 wrote:Some people might find it bizarre that I'm on here looking for advice and tips, even though I don't turn 17 until the end of the year :lol: However, I have always felt that the earlier you start reading up and getting tips on how to do something, the better prepared you are when you have to do the task in hand :wink:

Absolutely! And the great thing is, you never stop learning. :lol:
IAM National Observer. Chair, E. Surrey IAM.
skodatezzer

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:55 pm

skodatezzer wrote:
TheInsanity1234 wrote:Some people might find it bizarre that I'm on here looking for advice and tips, even though I don't turn 17 until the end of the year :lol: However, I have always felt that the earlier you start reading up and getting tips on how to do something, the better prepared you are when you have to do the task in hand :wink:

Absolutely! And the great thing is, you never stop learning. :lol:

Of course!
:lol:
TheInsanity1234

Return to Introductions