Hello from Cambridge!

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby dms66 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:36 pm

Hello everyone!

I really enjoy driving, recently passed the RoSPA test at silver grade (age 22) and am now training as a tutor.

I was recommended this site by a member of our local group (Cambridgeshire RoADAR) as a place to meet and learn from other keen drivers. Just looking to pick up new skills and add extra smoothness and finesse to my driving. I'm aware just how good some road drivers are, and want to start on the journey towards that level.

Looking forward to hearing your views on driving matters!
dms66

Postby 7db » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:16 pm

Welcome. I just had a trip through Fenland this afternoon.
7db

Postby MrToad » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:25 pm

Welcome.

You can actually meet some of us for real if you're free on the 7th of June: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4574
Do less, better.
MrToad

Postby true blue » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:39 pm

Another one in Cambridge - excellent! I assume your RoSPA training is with the local group? I was at their monthly meeting a couple of weeks ago and it looked like I was the youngest by a margin of 30 years or so...
true blue

Postby dms66 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:04 pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

The driving day sounds a great idea - I'll sign up for that. Thanks MrToad!

My training was with CADAR - I struggle to get to the meetings often, but from what different observers have said I can imagine I'd be comparatively juvenile! I guess that's the general pattern with lots of advanced driving groups - it doesn't put me off at all, but it's nice to hear of other folk in my generation!
dms66

Postby TripleS » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:40 am

dms66 wrote:I'm aware just how good some road drivers are....

Yes I notice that too, and they deserve some credit for it. As far as I'm concerned most road drivers are doing OK, even if hardly any of them know what 'advanced' driving is all about. If they're getting around reasonably efficiently, and showing tolerance and goodwill towards other road users, I tend to feel that's good enough for most practical purposes.

This is not a viewpoint that will be shared by all. :P

Anyhow, welcome to ADUK, and congratulations on your test success.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Return to Introductions