Newbie from Yorks

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby Rick101 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:31 am

Hi there,

My name is Rick, I'm 33 and been into advanced driving for the last 8 months or so.
I hold a motorcycle licence but haven't ridden for about 5 years now. Not sure whether that boat will sail again.

More into my cars these days. I have a Mk7 GTD Golf, a E46 M3 and the wife has a Mk3 MX5.

I passed by bike test at 17 and car test at 18.
I've done bikesafe with North Yorkshire Police in the past.
I joined my local IAM group in Nov last year and took my IAM test in Jan. Passed but sadly didn't get the 'First' I was hoping for.
Im trying to get on with ROSPA but it seems to be a long drawn out process. Really surprised there isn't a group in North yorks, the biggest country in the country! Joined West Yorkshire group back in March and had an assessment drive by a chap called Mike Bell a few weeks back. Hopefully I will be able to get some more drives soon.

I've lots of questions and a few ideas, hopefully we'll get some answers.

Cheers for now

Rick. :D
Rick101

Postby martine » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:28 am

Welcome Rick.

Sounds like you're a proper 'petrol-head' and keen to develop your driving...both excellent!

I hope you get some more observed drives soon with the local ROSPA group but you might like to put a request for informal 'mentoring' here

It would be great to meet on an ADUK driving day...but ones 'up north' tend to be fairly few and far between.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Rick999 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:40 pm

Welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay. Ask away :D
Rick999

Postby Rick101 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:36 pm

Thanks.

Going 'darn sarf' is no bother. I'm always up for a drive out if the suns shining. Have we had our 6 days per year quota yet?? :lol:
Rick101

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:10 pm

Rick101 wrote:I passed by bike test ...

Did you have a cold? :P
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Return to Introductions