Hello from Kent

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby vieuxtigre » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:42 pm

A nice man has emailed me telling me I can join your forum so I thought I'd try introducing myself. I'm to be found lurking down here in Kent where traffic volumes seem to increase at about the same rate as the speed limits are reduced. I'm also to be found lurking in pit garages at various circuits around the country in an endeavour to preserve my love of fast driving unhindered by the aforementioned.

I've been an IAM member for about 30 years, an HPC member for about the same period and did about a decade's service as a Senior Observer in my original IAM group, (most of whose committee seem to have become both HPC and ADUK members). Although I've gone a bit overboard on the track day thing over the last few years I decided I wanted to reconnect with my road driving roots. To this end I had a very enjoyable half day with HPC Gatekeeper Andy Morrison back in the spring to check that my driving was up to standard and, having attended one HPC activity last autumn, plan to try a few more henceforth. This is where ADUK comes in as I'm potentially up for the odd ADUK day as well.

I've recently joined my local IAM group here in Kent but have not yet taken any active part therein. I was considering offering my services as an Observer which I gather would involve a degree of re-qualification. However, they email me from time to time inviting me to take a course and consider becoming an 'Advanced Driver'. Am still trying to decide whether I am mildly amused or grossly insulted by this.

Happy and safe motoring to all.
vieuxtigre

Postby jcochrane » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:49 pm

Good to see you here at last. :D

There is an ADUK event in Brecon in August that you must try and make. You'll meet up with a number from your old IAM group, that you have mentioned, and meet a new crowd of driving enthusiasts.

I'll PM about another event you should try and make.
jcochrane

Location: East Surrey and wherever good driving roads can be found.

Return to Introductions