Hello from York

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby tioaboa » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:23 pm

Hi All,

I'm Ian been interesting in driving for years, passed my IAM test back in 2001 (that makes me feel old) with the York group. I bit a bit of observing with them too, eventually family commitments meant I couldn't continue. I've kept my IAM membership up and am trying to keep to the skills I learned.

I've noticed lately I'm missing stuff and the words suddenly have been uttered :shock: so I've asked my old group for a check drive. I also fancy observing again if they'll have me, and I might have a stab at that IAM masters thing too.

I drive a Mini Cooper D, (which is slightly funny to my work collegues as I'm over 6 ft), which is a cracking drive for a diesel.

Oh the username tioaboa (Turn it Off and Back on Again) - I'm an IT engineer :lol:

Looking forward to a bit of banter, and learning.

Ian
tioaboa

Postby gannet » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:29 am

welcome along, sounds like a familiar story ;)

try and get along to some of the driving days 8)
-- Gannet.
Membership Secretary, East Surrey Group of Advanced Motorists
Driving: Citroen DS3 DSport 1.6THP / MINI Cooper Coupe :D
Riding: Airnimal Joey Sport... (helps with the commute into London during the week!)
ImageImage
gannet

Postby fungus » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:29 am

Welcome to the forum, and as gannet said, get along to one of the ADUK driving days. They are fun and you'll meet up with like minded people. Unfortunately for me they are usually held on Saturdays which is my busiest day of the week, so I am rarely able to get along.
Nigel ADI
IAM observer
fungus

Postby Rick101 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:27 pm

Hi Ian,

Don't think I've met you but I'm also with the york group and also new here (secret takeover). :wink:

Cheers

Rick
Rick101

Return to Introductions