Hello

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby jlsmith » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:43 pm

Hello,

Thanks for approving my account on this forum. Not sure what is expected here so a potted account of me follows.

About me: busy life, mid-40s, wife, three kids, large mortgage, drive (a) 100,000 mile MPV & (b) a newly replaced second car - new toy Astra Sri 160bhp to have some fun with.

I live in S-East England so due to rail commuting during the week my driving is currently limited to weekend trips in Kent / Sussex etc. and pootling round the M25 trying to get to somewhere else in the UK.

I am not an 'advanced driver' by training or certification but have always taken an interest in driving and road skills. I've driven a lot of cars in my time, slow ones, fast ones, minibuses, vans etc.

I hope I can contribute in some way on the forums! :D

jlsmith
jlsmith

Postby triquet » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:59 pm

Welcome! :D :D :D
Jim
Offshore Engineer and Master of Music
triquet

Postby martine » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:25 pm

Howdy!

If you have and questions about driving (advanced or otherwise) you might like to post them in the appropriate bit - I'm sure you'll get some sensible replies along with others from TripleS and Silk (sorry guys I couldn't resist).
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby hir » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:44 pm

jlsmith wrote:

I am not an 'advanced driver' by training or certification but have always taken an interest in driving and road skills. I've driven a lot of cars in my time, slow ones, fast ones, minibuses, vans etc.

jlsmith

Welcome. If you wish to find out more about so-called "advanced" driving have a look at the mentoring section on this forum and contact someone in your area. I'm sure they'll be pleased to go for a drive and help with any questions that you might have.
hir

Postby TripleS » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:01 pm

jlsmith wrote:Hello,

Thanks for approving my account on this forum. Not sure what is expected here so a potted account of me follows.

About me: busy life, mid-40s, wife, three kids, large mortgage, drive (a) 100,000 mile MPV & (b) a newly replaced second car - new toy Astra Sri 160bhp to have some fun with.

I live in S-East England so due to rail commuting during the week my driving is currently limited to weekend trips in Kent / Sussex etc. and pootling round the M25 trying to get to somewhere else in the UK.

jlsmith

Oh, I'm sure you can: but do try not to initiate too many 14 page topics!

Anyhow, welcome to ADUK. :)
TripleS

Postby TripleS » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:04 pm

martine wrote:Howdy!

If you have and questions about driving (advanced or otherwise) you might like to post them in the appropriate bit - I'm sure you'll get some sensible replies along with others from TripleS and Silk (sorry guys I couldn't resist).

That's OK, Martin. Without your warning to newcomers about me, I was beginning to feel I didn't exist. :(
TripleS

Postby jlsmith » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:43 pm

TripleS wrote:Oh, I'm sure you can: but do try not to initiate too many 14 page topics!

OK I'll stick a 13 page limit on responses to my intro. :)

Many thanks for your welcome and helpful pointers.
jlsmith

Postby Silk » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:33 pm

jlsmith wrote:
TripleS wrote:Oh, I'm sure you can: but do try not to initiate too many 14 page topics!

At this point, I'd like to say, "Welcome to the forum". I'll look forward to arguing with you soon. :wink:
Silk

Postby jlsmith » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:24 pm

Silk wrote:I'll look forward to arguing with you soon. :wink:

Is that for five minutes, or the full half hour :?:
jlsmith

Postby TripleS » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:22 pm

Silk wrote:
jlsmith wrote:

At this point, I'd like to say, "Welcome to the forum". I'll look forward to arguing with you soon. :wink:

Aye, that's a bit of a problem: people keep agreeing with you all the time. :roll:
TripleS

Postby jcochrane » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:27 pm

hir wrote:
jlsmith wrote:

jlsmith

Welcome. If you wish to find out more about so-called "advanced" driving have a look at the mentoring section on this forum and contact someone in your area. I'm sure they'll be pleased to go for a drive and help with any questions that you might have.

Welcome from another in the South East using the roads in Surrey, Kent and Sussex for fun.

To confirm what hir said PM me if you are interested in sharing a drive.
jcochrane

Location: East Surrey and wherever good driving roads can be found.

Postby jlsmith » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:29 am

jcochrane wrote:To confirm what hir said PM me if you are interested in sharing a drive.

Thanks - I'm quite time-poor at the moment but I will keep a note of your kind offer!
jlsmith

Postby gannet » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:10 am

and hello from another in the south east always willing for a drive :D
-- Gannet.
Membership Secretary, East Surrey Group of Advanced Motorists
Driving: Citroen DS3 DSport 1.6THP / MINI Cooper Coupe :D
Riding: Airnimal Joey Sport... (helps with the commute into London during the week!)
ImageImage
gannet

Postby Silk » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:18 pm

TripleS wrote:Aye, that's a bit of a problem: people keep agreeing with you all the time. :roll:

They all do in the end. It just a matter of time. :wink:
Silk

Return to Introductions