Hi from Buckingham (the town, not the palace)

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby TimmiAndi » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:36 pm

Hello

I've been driving for 43 years which I know makes me seem ancient but I'm in my early 60's. I'm a retired (code for made redundant) bank manager and was then elected to Aylesbury Vale District Council for something to do in retirement which involves a fair amount of driving & involves some work with roads, traffic safety etc.

Always gone for smaller, family cars likw minis and BMW 3 series and now with a Nissan Quashqai which I love. About 3 or 4 years ago I found driving at night wasn't as easy as it used to be so I slowed down at night and took a short advanced drivers course which helped a lot. Also went on a driver awareness course last year which was surprisingly helpful.

I'm not a petrolhead but I like visiting motoring museums and often look for nearby ones on the internet when I'm away from home. I'll probably use the forums here most, it looks a good site to get info from and hopefully I can contribute as well.
TimmiAndi

Postby jcochrane » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:14 pm

Welcome from another ex Bank Manager but still working (not in a Bank thank goodness) to pay for my driving hobby.

Unfortunately with advancing age night driving will become more difficult and there is nothing much we can do about it. With age the eyes become less able to distinguish shades of grey, at least that is what I'm told. Also retinopathy causing narrowing vision can become an issue and almost inevitable if diabetic. Then there are cataract problems to expect if we live long enough.

Trouble is I have all these problems. Don't worry though if I ever get to drive you I've been driving with my eyes closed for years now. :shock:

Enough of this gloom, welcome and do try and make it to some of the ADUK driving days.
jcochrane

Location: East Surrey and wherever good driving roads can be found.

Postby gannet » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:31 am

hello :D
-- Gannet.
Membership Secretary, East Surrey Group of Advanced Motorists
Driving: Citroen DS3 DSport 1.6THP / MINI Cooper Coupe :D
Riding: Airnimal Joey Sport... (helps with the commute into London during the week!)
ImageImage
gannet

Return to Introductions