A big HELLO

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby Albie » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:39 pm

From me. I'm Paul and I'm currently living in Lingfield in Surrey. As stated in my first post I'm not a qualified advanced driver and a long way off from being an advanced driver. I have been driving for many years but very keen to improve and refine my driving habits!
Albie

Postby skodatezzer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:22 pm

East Surrey IAM operate from Bletchingley, a short stone's throw from your location. We're a friendly, unstuffy bunch who love our driving. PM me and I'll provide contact details, or if you'd just like to get out for a drive, be happy to do that too.
IAM National Observer. Chair, E. Surrey IAM.
skodatezzer

Postby jcochrane » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:27 pm

Welcome from another IAM East Surrey person.

As skodatezzar has said we are very unstuffy when it comes to driving made up of a crowd of people who are really passionate about driving.

I'm always up for an excuse for a drive so do PM me if you want to hook up. Or we could get that skadatezzar guy to join us as well. :D
jcochrane

Location: East Surrey and wherever good driving roads can be found.

Postby Albie » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:44 am

Thank you both very much for your kind offer, what a lovely people you are. I well may take you up on those offers when things settle down at work.

I drive through Blethchingley on my way to work everyday to Redhill so I know it well. If I wanted to attend at Blethchingley would I have to phone first or could I just turn up on the day/evening?

Once again thanks for your support

All the best :D

Albie
Albie

Postby gannet » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:27 am

another from east surrey here :D

best bet would be to contact Janne - details here: http://eastsurreyiam.org/contact-us/ Observed runs happen every month on the morning of the second sunday (so next one is 14th September)

as the others have already stated - happy to just go for a drive 8)
-- Gannet.
Membership Secretary, East Surrey Group of Advanced Motorists
Driving: Citroen DS3 DSport 1.6THP / MINI Cooper Coupe :D
Riding: Airnimal Joey Sport... (helps with the commute into London during the week!)
ImageImage
gannet

Postby skodatezzer » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:57 pm

gannet wrote:another from east surrey here :D

best bet would be to contact Janne - details here: http://eastsurreyiam.org/contact-us/ Observed runs happen every month on the morning of the second sunday (so next one is 14th September)

as the others have already stated - happy to just go for a drive 8)

Janne's actually away on holiday at the moment, back in a few days.
IAM National Observer. Chair, E. Surrey IAM.
skodatezzer

Return to Introductions