New here and dashcam query

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby chrisl » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:06 pm

Hello, I've recently signed up to the board and been reading around as much as possible, thought it was time to introduce myself.

My name is Chris. I'm 40-something and drive a Ford Fiesta 1.6 petrol manual. I'm based in Essex and do a fair bit of driving on the A12/M25. I recently passed the Rospa advanced driving test at Bronze level after some sessions with an observer, and looking continually to improve. Brake/gear overlap is a particular challenge, and I've found the lengthy discussions on the boards very encouraging.

I'm also posting a question about your views on dashcams in the general chat forum, and look forward to reading your views.

Best wishes,

Chris
chrisl

Postby akirk » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:41 pm

Welcome Chris - lots to chat about here and lots of different views :)

what are your plans now you have passed that test?

Alasdair
akirk

Postby chrisl » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:04 am

Thank you Alasdair, you are quite right and I have already spent a number of hours engrossed in reading the conversations here!

Well the plan is really to keep improving. Since there are three grades to the RoADAR scheme I hope to make my way towards Gold, but unless I went for retests early that's a long-term objective as I took my test in December.

So in the meantime it is to continue the good work informally, and gradually polish the techniques I have learned - avoiding BGOL where sensible, smoothing out the gear changes by learning to rev-match, practice the observation skills and commentary, those are three things in particular that I would like to improve.
chrisl

Return to Introductions