Hi from Bristol

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby snowy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:48 pm

Hello all,
My name is Phil I'm 57yrs of age, have lived in Bristol for the last 31yrs but originally from Swansea where I was a driving instructor before joining the Prison Service in 1984 hence the move to Bristol. Something that I've never regretted as I quite like the electric light and indoor toilet. I drive an Audi A3 1.6 TDI Sportback and a 1956 split screen Morris Minor 803cc very occasionally .
I joined the IAM in June last year and was fortunate to pass in October with a F1rst. Not to sure how but many thanks to my observer. Thanks Pete.
I have signed up for Bristol's FAD course in May and if I make the grade the observers course after that and maybe the Masters next year or the year after ( no harm in dreaming).
The posts are very enjoyable even if I don't understand some, just shows how much I've got to learn ! but I'm willing to.
Just as a matter of interest I've got the IAM Advanced Driving book from the yearly 80's, very different from todays.
snowy

Postby akirk » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:54 pm

Welcome :)
well done on the F1rst - look forward to hearing how the next stages go!

Alasdair
akirk

Postby martine » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:35 pm

Hi Phil and welcome!

For those not familiar with FAD - it is Bristol group's 'Further Advanced Driving' course and is a prerequisite to going on our Obs course.

PS. You would be most welcome to come along to the Cheddar ADUK driving day - see the 'Driver Network' forum here. You will recognise a few faces including your Observer Pete who is already signed up.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Mike H » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:42 pm

Hi Phil,

Not sure our paths have crossed but welcome to ADUK from another Bristol IAM-er. Like Martin above I'll also be on the Cheddar day, so would be good if you could make it. You'll be made very welcome and there's always plenty of folk willing to impart their knowledge.
IAM; RoADAR
Mike H

Postby snowy » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:46 pm

Thanks both for the welcome, will certainly try to make the 28th, will try and talk a friend to come as I'm trying to get him to do his advanced so would be a good introduction for him.
Will confirm as soon as I'm able. :D
snowy

Postby pete g » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:38 am

Nice one Phil, I an sure you can take it further and have some fun into the bargain..
Don't tell the wife mind... ;-)
Br1stol IAM Observer
IAM Motorcycle
MSA - Bristol Pegasus MC.
pete g

Return to Introductions