I'm new here

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby ldwheel40 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:56 pm

Hi
ldwheel40

Postby ldwheel40 » Tue May 12, 2015 4:00 pm

Sorry, I hit the submit button before I finished my post.
I maybe a learner driver, but am interested in other peoples experiences, whether learners or fully qualified.
ldwheel40

Postby martine » Tue May 12, 2015 4:01 pm

Howdy!

Would you like to tell us a little about yourself? Where abouts are you, what do you drive, what stage are you at as far as driving goes, what would you like to achieve in the future etc.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby ldwheel40 » Tue May 12, 2015 4:28 pm

martine wrote:Howdy!

Would you like to tell us a little about yourself? Where abouts are you, what do you drive, what stage are you at as far as driving goes, what would you like to achieve in the future etc.

I'm in Cirencester, but starting lessons next month in Swindon as I prefer Swindon.

I've posted in the Learner Drivers section.
ldwheel40

Postby akirk » Tue May 12, 2015 5:19 pm

Lovely to hear from you and hope you will gain lots from the forum - there is certainly a wealth of learning on here, though much of the discussion is probably focussed on training beyond the standard test - but nothing to stop you being a good driver from the outset...

I live between those locations, so perhaps once you have passed your test we could meet up and do some driving?

not sure though why anyone would prefer Swindon - do you like the magic roundabout - or the 'roundabout of doom' as far as tests go!?!

Alasdair
akirk

Postby ldwheel40 » Tue May 12, 2015 5:34 pm

akirk wrote:Lovely to hear from you and hope you will gain lots from the forum - there is certainly a wealth of learning on here, though much of the discussion is probably focussed on training beyond the standard test - but nothing to stop you being a good driver from the outset...

I live between those locations, so perhaps once you have passed your test we could meet up and do some driving?

not sure though why anyone would prefer Swindon - do you like the magic roundabout - or the 'roundabout of doom' as far as tests go!?!

Alasdair

The reason I've choosen Swindon is because when I'm ready, I'm doing the practical test in Swindon. With learning in Swindon, it wll help learning the roads there.

Very long time ago, I had lessons, but had to stop for a long time due to money problens which have been sorted out.

I'm not scared of the Magic Roundabout myself, even though I haven't driven around it myself yet. I do know that each sectuon of the Magic Roundabout needs to be treated as a seperate junction/roundabout.
ldwheel40

Postby akirk » Tue May 12, 2015 6:16 pm

ldwheel40 wrote:I'm not scared of the Magic Roundabout myself, even though I haven't driven around it myself yet. I do know that each sectuon of the Magic Roundabout needs to be treated as a seperate junction/roundabout.

Very true - unless you are a bus when you just drive across the middle of each one!

Alasdair
akirk

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Tue May 12, 2015 6:41 pm

akirk wrote:
ldwheel40 wrote:I'm not scared of the Magic Roundabout myself, even though I haven't driven around it myself yet. I do know that each sectuon of the Magic Roundabout needs to be treated as a seperate junction/roundabout.

Very true - unless you are a bus when you just drive across the middle of each one!

Alasdair

Nah, you don't even have to attempt to go anywhere near the minibouts, just straight over t'big hump in t'middle'll do yer.
TheInsanity1234

Return to Introductions