Hello from north London

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby Pyrolol » Thu May 21, 2015 1:21 am

Hi, I'm Matt, from Enfield. I've been lurking for a while (was slightly shocked to see that this account was created in 2013...), but figured I'd say hi and participate a bit more.

I'm not very experienced with the whole advanced driving thing, although I did go to the HPC young driver's day last year. Essex is quite convenient, so I'll see about coming along to the forthcoming driving day there.

Currently driving a Polo, although I'm (slowly) looking for a new car. I'm having some trouble finding something a bit more fun that I'll still fit in however - 6'5" rules out quite a few otherwise good options.
Pyrolol

Postby akirk » Thu May 21, 2015 8:53 am

Hi Matt,

def. worth turning up at a driving day - the more you do, the more it makes sense!
as for cars and height - a convertible?!

Alasdair
akirk

Postby Garrison » Thu May 21, 2015 6:03 pm

Pyrolol wrote:Hi, I'm Matt, from Enfield. I've been lurking for a while (was slightly shocked to see that this account was created in 2013...), but figured I'd say hi and participate a bit more.

I'm not very experienced with the whole advanced driving thing, although I did go to the HPC young driver's day last year. Essex is quite convenient, so I'll see about coming along to the forthcoming driving day there.

Currently driving a Polo, although I'm (slowly) looking for a new car. I'm having some trouble finding something a bit more fun that I'll still fit in however - 6'5" rules out quite a few otherwise good options.

Hi Matt, you are not far away from me (Canary Wharf based) if you want a drive.

At 6'5", are you particularly long legs short body, or vice versa, or pretty proportional? I struggle with long legs short body/arms at 5'9" so I need extensive telescopic adjustment on the steering or adjustable pedals for my driving position.

Garrison
Garrison

Postby Pyrolol » Fri May 29, 2015 1:23 am

Thanks for the welcome - I'll be on the Essex day, so I'll see some of you there.

Garrison wrote:At 6'5", are you particularly long legs short body, or vice versa, or pretty proportional? I struggle with long legs short body/arms at 5'9" so I need extensive telescopic adjustment on the steering or adjustable pedals for my driving position.

Most of my height is in my body - I tend to struggle most with headroom.

StressedDave wrote:It's worth buying an MX-5 purely for the comedy potential - at least you'd be comfy once you were in, although you'd need to unbolt the steering wheel if you wanted to get out.

I have a friend with a mk2 MX-5 that I can barely even passenger in - it has a rollbar above the headrest that forces me to either slide forwards until my knees are against the dash, or use the bar itself as a headrest (not ideal!).
Pyrolol

Postby Pyrolol » Fri May 29, 2015 1:50 am

Garrison wrote:Hi Matt, you are not far away from me (Canary Wharf based) if you want a drive.

Thanks for the offer - I'll send you a PM.
Pyrolol

Postby Angus » Fri May 29, 2015 3:36 pm

StressedDave wrote:
You're not alone there - despite being under 6' I'm an Oompa-Loompa so find headroom in curvaceous coupes a bit of a struggle.

And I thought you just loathed Alfas
Angus

Return to Introductions