New member, Class 1, ROSPA and IAM Examiner

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby Oscarmark » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:51 pm

Hi,
New to this, retired Met Police after 30 years (that was 3 years ago) Now run my own business driving expensive cars for wealthy people. I am also an IAM Examiner as well as a ROSPA Examiner..... and give talks to Local Groups on Advanced Driving.
I was interested to read on this forum about the difference between a GOLD and a First / Masters etc. In the 5 years I have been an examiner I have only given two First's and probably 60% of the ROSPA tests I give a GOLD. So hopefully that puts things into perspective.

Mark Newman
Epsom
SURREY
Oscarmark

Postby akirk » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:48 pm

Hi Mark,

welcome from someone also reasonably new - and without the wealth of experience you must have - looking forward to enjoying reading your contribution :)

Alasdair
akirk

Postby hir » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:00 pm

Oscarmark wrote:Hi,

I was interested to read on this forum about the difference between a GOLD and a First / Masters etc. In the 5 years I have been an examiner I have only given two First's and probably 60% of the ROSPA tests I give a GOLD. So hopefully that puts things into perspective.

Mark Newman
Epsom
SURREY

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forum.

Interesting comments about F1rst and Gold. Why do you think your F1rst figure is so low compared with RoSPA Gold? Is the difference simply that F1rst requires the careful and considered marking of 27 competencies whereas RoSPA Gold requires you to "know it when you see it" so to speak?

Just curious.
hir

Postby Garrison » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi Mark and welcome.

Interesting to hear your thoughts and looking forward to your future contributions. Could I beg a drive with you at some point in the future please :) ?
Garrison

Postby Oscarmark » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:23 pm

That would not be a problem, let me gave some contact details and we will arrange that.

Regards

Mark
Oscarmark

Postby martine » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:02 pm

I'm just going to split this topic into a new thread as I suspect this will run and run and trying to keep the 'Introduction' thread just that.

Everyone please hold off posting for a few mins!
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby martine » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:10 pm

OK please continue the discussion here

I'll lock this one.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Return to Introductions