Hi There

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby rodk » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi everybody

I am Rod King and I am the founder and campaign director for 20's Plenty for Us. I get google alerts on any new 20mph content on websites so noticed the recent thread. Hence I thought it appropriate to join and offer my experiences. As I have been involved in the discussions of most of the authority-wide 20mph limit implementations around the country then this may be useful.

For the record, I have a degree in Automobile Engineering, an MBE for Services to Road Safety and recently completed the Road Safety GB Practitioners Course. 20's Plenty for Us has 275 local campaign branches around the country and already most of the largest 40 urban authorities have adopted authority-wide 20mph limits (ie most residential roads with exclusions and without speed bumps) including 75% of Inner London and most of the UK's iconic cities.

You can see more at www.20splentyforus.org.uk

Best regards

Rod
rodk

Postby martine » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:19 pm

To keep the 'Introductions' thread clean, I've moved the discussion of 20 limits to here
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby TripleS » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:01 pm

martine wrote:To keep the 'Introductions' thread clean, I've moved the discussion of 20 limits to here

Good idea: keep the high blood pressure sufferers elsewhere. :wink:
TripleS

Postby fungus » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:42 pm

TripleS wrote:
martine wrote:To keep the 'Introductions' thread clean, I've moved the discussion of 20 limits to here

It must be nice to be cool calm and collected like you Dave. I've seriously been thinking of changing my user name to extremely stressed nigel the fungus hunter. :lol:
Nigel ADI
IAM observer
fungus

Postby TripleS » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:11 am

fungus wrote:
TripleS wrote:

It must be nice to be cool calm and collected like you Dave. I've seriously been thinking of changing my user name to extremely stressed nigel the fungus hunter. :lol:

Yes, well, it's not always easy, and I don't always manage it.

However, let me extend a warm welcome to Rod, but I have to say I'm not at all happy with the increasingly widespread introduction of 20 mph zones. I can fully support their introduction in certain areas, but I fear they are being applied too widely and without proper justification.

OK, that's that! Hello, Rod.

Best wishes all,
Dave - a slow driver, when it's appropriate; but if it isn't...... :)
TripleS

Postby Garrison » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:54 pm

Welcome Rod. Where are you based? Fancy going for a drive at some point?
Garrison

Postby TripleS » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:29 am

Garrison wrote:Welcome Rod. Where are you based? Fancy going for a drive at some point?

Hmm, if this takes place, and is reported here, it could be interesting.... 8)
TripleS

Postby Gareth » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:49 am

Garrison wrote:Welcome Rod. Where are you based? Fancy going for a drive at some point?

Warrington, if LinkedIn is to be believed.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...
Gareth

Postby Garrison » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:14 pm

Cheshire is a bit far away for me to travel but if you are ever in the South East, I am happy to travel and go for a drive together.
Garrison

Postby gannet » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:34 pm

Garrison wrote:Cheshire is a bit far away for me to travel but if you are ever in the South East, I am happy to travel and go for a drive together.

might take him some time to reach you...
-- Gannet.
Membership Secretary, East Surrey Group of Advanced Motorists
Driving: Citroen DS3 DSport 1.6THP / MINI Cooper Coupe :D
Riding: Airnimal Joey Sport... (helps with the commute into London during the week!)
ImageImage
gannet

Return to Introductions