Hi

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby Happy Hopper » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:42 am

Hi

Just joined the forum. Have done IAM a number of years back and am an (expired) RoADAR Silver..Hopefully looking to get back into some form of driver training, possibly road based or maybe even track driving, nothing serious maybe track days or anyplace where I can learn higher speed techniques - the things you perhaps can't do on the road...
Happy Hopper

Postby Advanced Driving » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:48 am

Welcome Happy Hopper....New site going live soon with lots of info. Tempted to train for your gold then? As for track driving I do speed hill-climbs which is great fun, a little more serious than track days and without the hooligans who try and race everyone but a good base to learn driving at a level, which you could never get even close to on the road...

Rob
Advanced Driving

Postby jcochrane » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:53 am

Happy Hopper wrote:Hi

Just joined the forum. Have done IAM a number of years back and am an (expired) RoADAR Silver..Hopefully looking to get back into some form of driver training, possibly road based or maybe even track driving, nothing serious maybe track days or anyplace where I can learn higher speed techniques - the things you perhaps can't do on the road...

Hi, skills learnt on the track or from racing are transferable to road driving. Anyone who tells you differently are merely displaying their lack of understanding. The possible exception is drifting which whilst possible, in skilled hands, can upset other road users. :D Even so this skill could be life saving if things go wrong.
jcochrane

Location: East Surrey and wherever good driving roads can be found.

Postby Advanced Driving » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:26 am

jcochrane wrote:
Happy Hopper wrote:Hi

Hi, skills learnt on the track or from racing are transferable to road driving. Anyone who tells you differently are merely displaying their lack of understanding. The possible exception is drifting which whilst possible, in skilled hands, can upset other road users. :D Even so this skill could be life saving if things go wrong.

I agree - my levels of confidence have improved since I have been competing. You also have a far better understanding what they car is doing beneath you too...
Advanced Driving

Postby Happy Hopper » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:02 pm

I have heard hill climbing is lots of fun, although little margin for error. A few years ago I did go to Shelsey Walsh in Worcestershire and saw a few big "offs"! I think to start some form of track based tuition maybe good, and then maybe back to doing my RoADAR...
Happy Hopper

Return to Introductions