Non-IAM/Rospa advanced Driving (HPC?), NW England?

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving.

Postby Aristotle » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:14 pm

I'm interested in improving/assessing my driving & riding, but moving away from the IAM/RoSpa approach.

HPC sounds interesting.

Is there anything suitable in GM/Lancs/Cheshire?

Cheers,
Aristotle

Postby kfae8959 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Could you say a bit more about what you mean by, "moving away from the IAM / RoSPA approach"? I'm intrigued!

David
"A man's life in these parts often depends on a mere scrap of information"
kfae8959

Postby Aristotle » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:40 pm

It was possibly a poor choice of words, but basically,having read the info on the HPC website, it appears quite in-line with my views. I have passed bike IAM and had some observed drives. I'm possibly looking for something with more emphasis on vehicle control in different conditions, though.
Aristotle

Postby faboka » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:20 pm

We have a member over in the Wirral who's a member of HPC. Roger. Can't remember his username.
John
faboka

Postby waremark » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:02 am

Aristotle wrote:It was possibly a poor choice of words, but basically,having read the info on the HPC website, it appears quite in-line with my views. I have passed bike IAM and had some observed drives. I'm possibly looking for something with more emphasis on vehicle control in different conditions, though.

As with IAM and Rospa, HPC members believe in using superior Roadcraft skills for on the road driving to ensure that they don't need to use their superior car control skills - though the superior car control skills may well contribute to the subtlety and smoothness with which they use the controls of the car.
waremark

Postby Aristotle » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:56 am

waremark wrote:As with IAM and Rospa, HPC members believe in using superior Roadcraft skills for on the road driving to ensure that they don't need to use their superior car control skills - though the superior car control skills may well contribute to the subtlety and smoothness with which they use the controls of the car.

Indeed and quite right too.
Aristotle

Postby Rick999 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:12 pm

If you can afford it its a good course and the club is a good way to meet like minded people. I enjoyed it when I did it. The road driving is mainly based on roadcraft so is similar to Iam or Rospa but with a bit extra sparkle. The gatekeeper I did my course with was also a Rospa assessor.
Rick999

Return to Advanced Driving Forum