light hearted

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving.

Postby EKAL » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:39 pm

Looking for Help here Lads and Lassies :wink:

You are driving in a car at a constant speed.

On your left side is a valley and on your right side is a fire engine travelling at the same speed as you.
In front of you is a galloping pig which is the same size as your car and you cannot overtake it.
Behind you is a helicopter flying at ground level.
Both the giant pig and the helicopter are also traveling at the same speed as you.

What must you do to safely get out of this highly dangerous situation?

Answer:

Get off the children's Merry Go Round, you're pissed.
:lol: :lol:
EKAL

Postby James » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:21 pm

You should not have got into this situation to begin with. By careful observation and early anticipation you would have noticed the pig in the distance. By monitering it's speed and size sooner, you should see it is a hazard, and you should have slowed down to an equivalent speed in order to deal with it.

The fire engine - is the road 2 lanes in each direction or a dual carriageway? Which way is the engine travelling - towards or away from you? If the former then the fire-engine will pose no risk as it will not encroach into your path and will disappear soon. Should your speed match the pig as I have suggested then you will be safe until it passes, at which point you may overtake the pig. If the fire-engine is going the same way at the same speed, why did you not see it sooner? You should have had ample chance as it approached with its warning equipment, not to mention the time it must have taken to slow down to match your speed AND on the offside of the road!

The reason you did not see it must be down to poor mirror use, which is why you did not see the helicopter thumping and descending behind you. This is why you are in this predicament.

I suggest buying a bicycle.
James

Postby Porker » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:40 am

Remove yourself instantly from the kiddy's roundabout that you are travelling on....
Porker

Postby EKAL » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:36 pm

Police_Driver wrote:I suggest buying a bicycle.

my bike was further on being ridden by a gorilla which was well out of the road of any trouble :wink: :oops:
EKAL

Return to Advanced Driving Forum